Audio Updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kirkb

kirkb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed my truck to receive updates every day of the week instead of the default and connected to wifi. I’m sure it’s just luck but I got the audio update overnight after doing so.
What did you think? Was it a noticable difference for you as well?

I do think the schedule plus wifi does help get updates sooner/more reliable, but I have no direct information confirming that (just my anecdotal observations)

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2023 and now have a 2024. I feel there is a very noticeable difference between the 2023 and 2024 audio quality. It was actually very surprising when I picked up my 2024. It seems way more "full". Still have to turn the mids down and boost the treble a bit but over all its way better. I remember the 2023 always feeling very thin and noticeably front heavy on the soundstage. It was all coming from the windshield.

Both are better than the dog trash audio that comes in the Bronco Raptor. Ford should be embarrassed of the audio they put in those Bronco's.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an update run last night. I didn't read what it was about, but Im hoping it was the audio update. Time to go test it out at lunch.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed my truck to receive updates every day of the week instead of the default and connected to wifi. I’m sure it’s just luck but I got the audio update overnight after doing so.
I did that as well have yet to see it

james9

Reaction score
What did you think? Was it a noticable difference for you as well?

I do think the schedule plus wifi does help get updates sooner/more reliable, but I have no direct information confirming that (just my anecdotal observations)
Definitely better than before. The surround sound is better and audio quality seems improved.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah its sounds more powerful all around, seems to hold its own at higher volumes more than before. Its not a night and day difference and you may not notice much of a difference at lower volumes. I did feel the drum beats a little in the chest which I've been missing.

beemerb0y

Reaction score
Anyway to search for updates rather than just wait for them to arrive on their own? Kinda like forcing them to install...

james9

Reaction score
Anyway to search for updates rather than just wait for them to arrive on their own? Kinda like forcing them to install...
You need a Mongoose-Plus J2534 Cable ($500+), Battery charger, 2 day FJDS/FDRS Software License from Ford ($49.95)