Good deal on KO2's on Simple Tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BenBB

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What pressure do you run them at and who installed them? Discount tire said they would not install these on my truck as the truck is rated for "D" tires.
I started at 36psi, used Forscan and reduced TPMS so I can run 32. Actually it was my local Discount Tire that put 'em on, but I have a spare set of wheels so I just loaded them up and dropped them off. Notably they said next time they would match the price so I'll see next time.
Are you saying the newer trucks have "C" rated tires on them from the factory? I haven't looked into this.
That's my understanding as well, Gen1 came with load range D, Gen2/3 both come with load range C (and roughly 700lbs less weight). Not sure if 37 package uses D since I think 37" KO2's do come in D range?

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started at 36psi, used Forscan and reduced TPMS so I can run 32. Actually it was my local Discount Tire that put 'em on, but I have a spare set of wheels so I just loaded them up and dropped them off. Notably they said next time they would match the price so I'll see next time.

That's my understanding as well, Gen1 came with load range D, Gen2/3 both come with load range C (and roughly 700lbs less weight). Not sure if 37 package uses D since I think 37" KO2's do come in D range?
I don't believe the weight difference was that much and the gen 2/3 had higher payload and tow ratings which in theory would even things out GVWR wise. I looked it up the other day and the weight differences between like 1/2 gens were within 2-3 hundred lbs. Its not all that easy to find comparable weights though as you don't' really know what features the gen 1 does or doesn't have. The 37 package also uses a C load tire.