What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JefeAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JL Audio HD900/5 (4x100+500x1) to put in when I have time and figure out a sub solution.
Where are you putting the amp? I am eventually putting a custom made 6.5" sub box in the Sony sub location and I already have an underseat storage box covering the rest of that area. Hoping for room behind the seat or maybe under the center console

Shekkie2432

Reaction score
Where are you putting the amp? I am eventually putting a custom made 6.5" sub box in the Sony sub location and I already have an underseat storage box covering the rest of that area. Hoping for room behind the seat or maybe under the center console
I haven’t finalized that yet. I’m a bit concerned about the amp overheating so I’m planning on making it fit under the rear seat somewhere. If I have to relocate the jack then so be it but I should be able to make it all fit.

This weekend I am going to pull the factory sub unit and see what I’m dealing with. Tentative plans are to reuse the box with an upgraded 8”-er. I may add a few thin layers of fiberglass to the inside to stiffen it up if it seems flimsy and the cubic volume allows it. I know I may have to trim and tweak it a bit but I’m fine with that.

I’m not looking for crazy, thumping bass at ear bleeding volume so I think it should be doable with my plan.

dj30417

CRZYCHK
Reaction score
New windshield today, next up tint replacement across the top.EC03256A-2CBA-4819-A763-F07A05E1612C.jpegAAACBBCA-224D-4799-89DA-E35295B3E831.jpeg
FYI: I’m in SC where glass is covered without deductible costs with full coverage, aftermarket tint is part of returning my truck to pre-claim condition, if I had the tint complete by the same glass company that replaced the windshield it would have all been paid on one invoice but since I am going to a tint shop I will need to send in a paid invoice for reimbursement. Either way not a big deal. Being without the top of the windshield tinted is the big deal, so much bright light

Last edited:

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t finalized that yet. I’m a bit concerned about the amp overheating so I’m planning on making it fit under the rear seat somewhere. If I have to relocate the jack then so be it but I should be able to make it all fit.

This weekend I am going to pull the factory sub unit and see what I’m dealing with. Tentative plans are to reuse the box with an upgraded 8”-er. I may add a few thin layers of fiberglass to the inside to stiffen it up if it seems flimsy and the cubic volume allows it. I know I may have to trim and tweak it a bit but I’m fine with that.

I’m not looking for crazy, thumping bass at ear bleeding volume so I think it should be doable with my plan.
I have 2 audiocontrol 800w amps behind my seat and run them pretty hard and I've never had them fault for overheating, I also live in the desert if that helps you make your decision. Also audiocontrol amps run pretty efficiently and don't output a ton of heat so that could affect your install as well.

Shekkie2432

Reaction score
I have 2 audiocontrol 800w amps behind my seat and run them pretty hard and I've never had them fault for overheating, I also live in the desert if that helps you make your decision. Also audiocontrol amps run pretty efficiently and don't output a ton of heat so that could affect your install as well.
I checked and have plenty of room between the sub and jack for the amp. Now all I need is time to put it all together.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Recently picked up a 2010. Swapped out the front rotors, pretty good shimmy to the old ones, though the seller said they were in spec. Once rotors start to shimmy they are toast. New driver front CV shaft, previous was a few months old but had a torn boot. Swapped in some used Gen 1 front shocks and springs. The truck came with Gen 2 shocks all the way around and Gen 1 coils on the front shocks. It rode horribly and was too high in the front, may be what ruined the newish CV shaft seal. It now rides so much better, like a raptor, not like a dang ol' work truck. Gonna do the rear shocks tomorrow.

The Gen 2 shocks are pretty new, so I will swap them on my 2018 when mine wear out.