What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t finalized that yet. I’m a bit concerned about the amp overheating so I’m planning on making it fit under the rear seat somewhere. If I have to relocate the jack then so be it but I should be able to make it all fit.

This weekend I am going to pull the factory sub unit and see what I’m dealing with. Tentative plans are to reuse the box with an upgraded 8”-er. I may add a few thin layers of fiberglass to the inside to stiffen it up if it seems flimsy and the cubic volume allows it. I know I may have to trim and tweak it a bit but I’m fine with that.

I’m not looking for crazy, thumping bass at ear bleeding volume so I think it should be doable with my plan.
the supercabs definitely have a lot less room to mount equipment. if you need ideas, let me know. we have built several boxes and can get stuff mounted for them.

SJC8713

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's why I switched from JLT to Moroso with clear cup so I could easily monitor but it still gets overfull occasionally.
being new to the 6.2 and raptor world this seems like a lot of oil being caught. but i guess its normal.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
being new to the 6.2 and raptor world this seems like a lot of oil being caught. but i guess its normal.

I think modern engines with oil squirters and internal pressures have more oil in the air, and yeah I think it is normal. Knock on wood but 160K miles and not a single issue with the "BOSS 6.2" engine.