What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Recently picked up a 2010. Swapped out the front rotors, pretty good shimmy to the old ones, though the seller said they were in spec. Once rotors start to shimmy they are toast. New driver front CV shaft, previous was a few months old but had a torn boot. Swapped in some used Gen 1 front shocks and springs. The truck came with Gen 2 shocks all the way around and Gen 1 coils on the front shocks. It rode horribly and was too high in the front, may be what ruined the newish CV shaft seal. It now rides so much better, like a raptor, not like a dang ol' work truck. Gonna do the rear shocks tomorrow.

The Gen 2 shocks are pretty new, so I will swap them on my 2018 when mine wear out.
You’re buying those Gen 2s off of your son, right.;););)

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spent the day rotating tires. For me this is an all day process because I can't just take them off and put them back on. I clean the wheels and tires, front and back including spare and clean each wheel well with soap and water. I'm old and this process wears me out so today I'll sit on the porch and admire the old girl.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spent the day rotating tires. For me this is an all day process because I can't just take them off and put them back on. I clean the wheels and tires, front and back including spare and clean each wheel well with soap and water. I'm old and this process wears me out so today I'll sit on the porch and admire the old girl.
Do you use an impact gun or a tire iron/socket-long bar. It's a game changer for me to use my impact as I do the same procedure. It's rewarding as hell-o afterwards to know you saved money by doing it yourself and its done correctly. Enjoy the view!

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you use an impact gun or a tire iron/socket-long bar. It's a game changer for me to use my impact as I do the same procedure. It's rewarding as hell-o afterwards to know you saved money by doing it yourself and its done correctly. Enjoy the view!

I've never been a fan of using an impact wrench on lug nuts so I do it the old fashion way and use the tire iron that came with the Raptor. An impact wrench in the hands of a moron can do a lot of carnage to studs, bolts and nuts. I have used my impact wrench to do the job but prefer the lug wrench for some reason.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of using an impact wrench on lug nuts so I do it the old fashion way and use the tire iron that came with the Raptor. An impact wrench in the hands of a moron can do a lot of carnage to studs, bolts and nuts. I have used my impact wrench to do the job but prefer the lug wrench for some reason.

@CoronaRaptor

Screenshot_20210711-092646_Chrome.jpg

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Using a tire iron is about feel, you can feel a over or under tightened lug nuts, you can feel issues with threads or gaulding, no torque wrench needed for this job if you aren't a gorilla or a "Nancy" boy.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If only we had a picture of what you are admiring. I do the same thing every 5k miles. Like clockwork, remove, wash, rotate. I use my impact to remove the lugs, but use my torque wrench set to 150 ft lbs. I have a little cheat sheet on my bench. I’m getting close to doing it again this week as I approach 215k.

Attachments

• 968F4169-03D4-42F0-83DE-59E350F7F555.jpeg
    968F4169-03D4-42F0-83DE-59E350F7F555.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 23