Well this sure sucks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do your loan through USAA and tell the dealer to **** off.

In a previous post he stated that he already tried to work with USAA and they basically told him to ****.

There's plenty of national banks and credit unions that are as good or better than USAA in some cases.

mesposito

Reaction score
I assume you "purchased" the truck from a new car Ford franchise dealer. If so, you should immediately contact NADA. In the last six months there have been numerous cases of military personnel being taken advantage of by dealers and both NADA (new cars) and NIADA (used cars) are working aggressively with Congress and the White House to settle these issues. There are good people at both NADA and NIADA who would be willing to go out of their way to help with you - most have personal relationships directly with lenders and can help with your situation. Hope this helps.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey ***, Are you at MV Audi?

Ya,

Been there for about 6 years now. Really great ownership and still have the same core group of guys. let me know if you ever need anything.

And to those guys saying about this being a scam, or they purposely screwed him. Can anyone tell me how the dealership benefits in anyway by this happening?

They would get a truck back with miles, that has been R.O.S and would need to disclose this to the next owner? Bottom line is, they thought they could get him bought, and they couldn't. There wasn't some grand scheme of selling someone a car only to have to go and get it back. I hate to break it to most of you, but sometimes the F&I guy doesn't even submit the deal over to the bank until hours after you leave. He can get swamped with other deals and backed up until the next day.

Again, sometimes the dealership is going off of there best judgement. This was one of those times they guessed wrong.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya,

Been there for about 6 years now. Really great ownership and still have the same core group of guys. let me know if you ever need anything.

Cool... I'll definitely keep that in mind. My 06' S4 was hands down the best all around car I've ever owned!!!

I may have met you before there. I was jockeying the S5's when they first came out and was checking one out on the showroom floor a couple years back.

Last edited:

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Ya,

And to those guys saying about this being a scam, or they purposely screwed him. Can anyone tell me how the dealership benefits in anyway by this happening?

They would get a truck back with miles, that has been R.O.S and would need to disclose this to the next owner? Bottom line is, they thought they could get him bought, and they couldn't. There wasn't some grand scheme of selling someone a car only to have to go and get it back. I hate to break it to most of you, but sometimes the F&I guy doesn't even submit the deal over to the bank until hours after you leave. He can get swamped with other deals and backed up until the next day.

Again, sometimes the dealership is going off of there best judgement. This was one of those times they guessed wrong.

The scams I have seen attempted were to offer a low percentage rate then try to push a higher rate claiming the low rate loan would not fly. It happened to a family member. I went with her back to the dealer. They made this big speech on how they tried everything but it would not go through. The did manage to get her OK's on a loan several points higher. I gave them the keys and said to take the car back. If they couldn't/won't honor the original deal she did not want the car. About two hours of back and forth BS they magically got the original rate approved. Not 100% sure they were trying an out right scam or if they were lazy and didn't look very hard. I do find it hard to believe a brand name dealership would risk attempting out right scams. Maybe back in the 70's-80's but not so much these days.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The scams I have seen attempted were to offer a low percentage rate then try to push a higher rate claiming the low rate loan would not fly. It happened to a family member. I went with her back to the dealer. They made this big speech on how they tried everything but it would not go through. The did manage to get her OK's on a loan several points higher. I gave them the keys and said to take the car back. If they couldn't/won't honor the original deal she did not want the car. About two hours of back and forth BS they magically got the original rate approved. Not 100% sure they were trying an out right scam or if they were lazy and didn't look very hard. I do find it hard to believe a brand name dealership would risk attempting out right scams. Maybe back in the 70's-80's but not so much these days.

Those kind of tactics are ********. I think that kind of thing is so rare now of days. We have so much bonus money tied to your CSI scores that we make more money keeping as many people happy as possible.

The internet is changing the industry for the better. I know there are still a few scummy dealerships out there, but all in all, I think its going in the right direction.

I honestly believed they thought they could get the op bought, and now its comming back to bite both of them. I will say this, if the bank is asking for 10K more down, then the dealership should have read the tea leaves a little better than they did.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Cool... I'll definitely keep that in mind. My 06' S4 was hands down the best all around car I've ever owned!!!

I may have met you before there. I was jockeying the S5's when they first came out and was checking one out on the showroom floor a couple years back.

Stop in and say hi,

We have all sorts of fun stuff to beat on right now. 3 r8 v10 spyders to be speciffic :peace: