Well this sure sucks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you turned the truck back in?

Did you sign all the contracts?

I'm a finance manager at a GMC/Buick Dealership. If I signed you out and had you sign the contract, I'm liable if I cannot get you approved. Not you.

You could take this to court and win. I (the dealer) signed a contract with you letting you know that I have agreed to the terms and conditions of this said contract. I don't believe they can force you to bring the truck back.

I would contact an attorney if you signed a contract.

Feel free to PM me to go over this with you.

Last edited:

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you turned the truck back in?

Did you sign all the contracts?

I'm a finance manager at a GMC/Buick Dealership. If I signed you out and had you sign the contract, I'm liable if I cannot get you approved. Not you.

You could take this to court and win. I (the dealer) signed a contract with you letting you know that I have agreed to the terms and conditions of this said contract. I don't believe they can force you to bring the truck back.

I would contact an attorney if you signed a contract.

Feel free to PM me to go over this with you.

This was kind of where I was going with my earlier questions. Back in 1996 I was in college and my fiance at the time (now my wife) and I were pooling our money as broke college kids to get a car for me.

We found a 1993 used ford mustang at a ford dealership and bought it. I drove the car home that day.

The next day I get a call saying that I have to come back and resign the contracts because my loan was not 'approved'. I felt like I was being scammed.

I had a local friend's dad check into it and he said to challenge them on it. If they stood their ground, tell them that my attorney would like to see the paperwork before I drove all the way back up there. (about a 70 mile drive).

The dealership stood their ground so I gave them my attorney's fax number. They never faxed the new contracts. The very next day they called me back to tell me that everything had been resolved.

Granted, this is a case of who you know I guess. I don't know what really would have come of it, but they obviously didn't want to pursue it when I brought up having an attorney review.

Just a thought. Wish you the best. Never know, this may mean a 2012 is in your future if you do indeed have to turn it back in.

Matt

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Well I grabbed my paperwork and looked it over, and it indeed does have all the APRs and payments and the final purchase price on it.

It also has a very interesting little bit in it that says this:

" This contract may be cancelled by the Seller if it is unable to assign the Contract to any one of the financial institutions with whom the Seller regularly does business on terms acceptable to Seller."

It looks like I'm up shit creek and I'm probably just going to say the hell with it and give the bastard back after one last off road trip if I can't get them to try the MSRP thing Randy suggested.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It also has a very interesting little bit in it that says this:

" This contract may be cancelled by the Seller if it is unable to assign the Contract to any one of the financial institutions with whom the Seller regularly does business on terms acceptable to Seller."

Sorry to hear that Man! We don't have disclosures like that. That tells me that the dealer doesn't know how to do their job! That's just pathetic.

I would off road the shit out of it and take it back absolutely filthy! Let them deal with it.

*** Have you tried gaining financing yourself through your personal bank? ***

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few questions and suggestions.

1. Do not give the truck back if you have a finance contract. It is the dealers responsibility if you signed and they gave it to you. They can take the hit.

2. Did you ever get permanent tags for it? If so, that would mean that the financing was accepted and you as well as the lien holder are listed on the title.

3. Possession with a contract may stand in court

4. On the contract, if it lists the lien holder, contact them. Ask for your loan number and where to wire the first payment. The contract is bound if accepted by the lien holder

5. Do not give up or back down! Remind them what you do for a living as well as the fact if it was not for you and others like you, those ******** at the dealership would not have the freedom they have, the jobs they have, or the rights they have! Tell them to step up and make it happen!! Threaten to call the news, papers etc. Man I can see this one on the news! "solider gets duped by crooked dealership"

PM me! I will help if I can. And most importantly. Thankyou for your service and what you do for us here in America!!!

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
wow man... that sucks.... if i were you, id try and find someone in my family and thier freinds who is a lawyer or has a good friend as a lawyer to look it over just to be sure... i dont have much experiance buying vehicles, but they all ben cash deals.... but still this just seems super fishy to me... if i can remember, ill try and ask some frinds of mine about this, i been drinking tho....

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Thanks guys...I think with that disclaimer in there, I'm hosed as far as keeping it unless I want to shell out the dough for a bigger down payment, unless of course they are willing to work something the way Randy suggested. Being used they might be able to pull that off.

I've already decided I'm not going to sink more money into the deal, if they can't make it happen...well, there's plenty of other Raptors out there and it just so happens I got a 1000 + mile test drive in one. If they're taking this thing away from me, they had better hook me up with a smokin deal on something for the wife, or I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

They seem like they've been on the up and up with me for the most part, disregarding this whole letting me keep the truck for a week and a half, lol. So I'm willing to give them the chance to at least make this somewhat right.

Edit: RaptorSCrew...I tried through USAA and they told me to **** basically. I already told the wife, that I'm gonna go have me some fun in it and bring the sucker back dusty if the unthinkable happens. haha.

Last edited:

IRONMAN

Reaction score
So the money you put down on this one are you getting that back?
Or are they considering that payment for the 1000 miles that you put on it.

Banned
Reaction score
**** em. Drive the shit outta it, take it back and get one from Randy!

-Posted with my iPhone.

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
So the money you put down on this one are you getting that back?
Or are they considering that payment for the 1000 miles that you put on it.

They're gonna give it back as far as I am concerned, or apply it to another vehicle if I decide to go that route with them and they offer me a really good deal on something (I need a car for the wife anyway).

If they want to play that game, I'm down to go talk to an attorney about the whole thing.

It's their fault they let me off the lot with it without securing the financing, so they should be on the hook for those 1000 miles. I'm glad I took some road trips with the family in it and got to enjoy it...not many people are going to bomb 1000 miles onto their truck in the week after "buying" it, glad I decided to do that, haha!