Well this sure sucks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they secured financing the second they ran your info, or they wouldn't have let you off the lot with that truck. When I bought mine from Randy, he did it in 3 seconds and gave me a few rates. After we signed the paperwork, my rate was actually a bit lower :)

There is a lien holder on that paperwork somewhere. Contact them directly.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Aarons419,

Please ignore what most have said about this topic because I assure you they are not in the industry and really don't get the in's-and-outs of how a retail auto finance contract works.

First off, I am manager at and Audi dealership in SoCal and I did F&I for many years. Before you start talking attorney and what not, make sure you check the laws in your state regarding this situation. It sounds to me like the dealership will do everything it can to make sure this truck stays on the road. Trust me when I tell you they gain nothing by the truck coming back to them.

For example in my state of CA. It is not illegal or immoral to run someones credit, make a decision based on what we think the approval will be based on the credit criteria and allow them to leave the lot. We have to do this every Sunday because sometimes its dam near impossible to get an approval from the bank until Monday.

I can also tell you that on a CA 553 retail contract, every customer signs a box that says the dealer has the right to rescind the contract. Don't worry about the money, in CA it would be illegal to keep the down payment, and I'm sure AZ has something similar on the books. I know most will blame the dealer for saying hey your approved, but they don't speak for the bank, they can only go off of past history with the bank and make a judgement call.

To give you an idea, I've had a few people in the past that I never in my life thought Audi would turn down but they did for ******** reasons. We discounted the car, used every last bit of rebate and still couldn't get it done. My best advice to you would be check with USAA because your military, and please don't lose sleep over the down payment, I would bet the farm on you getting it back.

Dealerships are in the business of selling cars, not selling them and taking them back. I won't get anymore into the nuts and bolts of this whole thing, but if you need any advice P.M. and I will try to help you out the best I can.

Last edited:

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
they secured financing the second they ran your info, or they wouldn't have let you off the lot with that truck. When I bought mine from Randy, he did it in 3 seconds and gave me a few rates. After we signed the paperwork, my rate was actually a bit lower :)

There is a lien holder on that paperwork somewhere. Contact them directly.

Sorry but this is not true. You don't know what Aarons credit score is, previous auto history, current balances on CC etc... I'm not saying he has bad credit, but he may have been light. Either way, its not always cut and dry.

OP
OP
Aaron

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Sorry but this is not true. You don't know what Aarons credit score is, previous auto history, current balances on CC etc... I'm not saying he has bad credit, but he may have been light. Either way, its not always cut and dry.

Thanks for the good info there. That seems to be exactly what they did in this case. Looking on Autotrader at similar trucks it would seem they should have room to negotiate price a bit so hopefully we can do something like that. Otherwise it's probably a 2012 Raptor for me.

What they're wanting from me right now is $10k down, which there's just no way I can do with all the stupid crap that has come up for me since I've been back home.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the good info there. That seems to be exactly what they did in this case. Looking on Autotrader at similar trucks it would seem they should have room to negotiate price a bit so hopefully we can do something like that. Otherwise it's probably a 2012 Raptor for me.

What they're wanting from me right now is $10k down, which there's just no way I can do with all the stupid crap that has come up for me since I've been back home.

No worries,

Good luck too you.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Dammit aarons419, that does suck. I can't imagine having to give my truck back after one week. I hope this thing works out for you.

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the home loan mortgages are carrying over to the auto industry loans?

I'm a dentist, make a decent income and have great credit, I can afford just about any car I wanted... I just bought 9 acres of property adjacent to a national forest nearby. It didn't matter how good my credit or income was, I still had to mandatorily put 20% down on this property. These are new regulations that we live in...

Regardless, something seems fishy... this was a major screw up to let you go home with a new truck after signing paperwork and them reneging on the deal. I think you might have a legal recourse against them. Talk to your local JAG.

---------------

EDIT: Just read Fordwop's post ^... Good info there! IMHO, you can take that advice to the bank :)

Last edited:

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Truly a crappy situation.

I would always recommend that you get pre-approved by several lenders before signing papers at the dealership. As far as how that affects your credit score, multiple hard credit inquiries for the same category are counted as a single inquiry within a 30 day period. It never hurts to have a backup plan in place for funding when you step into the dealership to sign papers and most approved finance offers are good for between 30 and 60 days. Getting approved for a loan by multiple lenders also allows you to shop rates.

I would also recommend that you get your credit score from all three credit reporting agencies. Typically if your score is at least 720 you should have absolutely no problem obtaining a decent rate from any lender.

You might want to call Navy Federal Credit Union and/or Pentagon Federal Credit Union. If your credit score is at least 720 and you have a steady source of income, then you should be able to get a rate between 1.99 and 2.99 depending on approval. Explain your situation and see if they can expedite getting the loan check sent out. They obviously cater towards DoD and military.

Also, I know Bank of America and perhaps other national banks can do electronic loan transactions with some dealerships which would remove the need to wait for a check to get to you.

Good luck with resolution of the issue and thanks for serving.

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree something's not right here. Is this day and age they know before you leave that the deal is done . If you have signed contracts financing etc , you should be done . Have you tried contacting a local bank for your own financing ? I was in the Military and it was to EASY to get a loan. You try your Milatary Credit union ?

I would PM Randy and see what he says .

I would Google the dealer and see if they have pulled this shit elsewhere .

Maybe they realized they can get more form the truck.

You could call an mention that you may get private financing and see if they change their tune.

Check with BBB in your area and see if they have similar complaints.

Call and ask for Escalation at the dealer ship , or better yet call and ask for their Ford Rep name and number.

Call Ford Credit direct .

All the above really would not take long.

Last edited: