GEN 2 Wall of Shame Greedy FORD Dealers. Call them out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boss301

Reaction score
Got a call today from a sales guy from Gary Yeoman Ford in Daytona Beach asking me if I'm interested in the new p51 mustang. I said no but I asked about a Raptor. They wouldn't go lower than $5k over!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

RRpilot

Reaction score
Got tired of reading through all the bad dealers to find out if Sunrise Ford in Fontana California was on the list so I apologize if they are already listed. Here is my experience with Sunrise Ford. Using the awesome Raptor finder website I found a truck with most of the things I wanted and following the VIN it was at Sunrise Ford, so I checked out their website and did a new vehicle search to find to my surprise 25 Raptors on their website. I messaged them as it was late at night, the next day the internet sales guy called, I think his name was Jeff, anyway he says you do know there is and ADM of $20K. I told him no I didn't know since their website showed MSRP of $68k up to $94K and no mention anywhere of a markup. The guy stated the markup is on the truck window, and I said that it's very misleading on their website. I then told him wasn't going to pay anything above MSRP and he laughed, he then said this is a very limited edition truck and only 3000 were going to be built, now I laughed and told him he didn't know anything. I also told him there are lots of guys who have bought at MSRP which he said that those guys are lying. I told him that this is why most people are buying out of state and he said that they were too and trying to buy as many trucks as they can. So now it also looks like dealers are hoarding trucks to artificially keep the price high for as long as they can. So everyone stay away from Sunrise Ford and tell your friends too. Let them choke on all their inventory and buy out of California.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got tired of reading through all the bad dealers to find out if Sunrise Ford in Fontana California was on the list so I apologize if they are already listed. Here is my experience with Sunrise Ford. Using the awesome Raptor finder website I found a truck with most of the things I wanted and following the VIN it was at Sunrise Ford, so I checked out their website and did a new vehicle search to find to my surprise 25 Raptors on their website. I messaged them as it was late at night, the next day the internet sales guy called, I think his name was Jeff, anyway he says you do know there is and ADM of $20K. I told him no I didn't know since their website showed MSRP of $68k up to $94K and no mention anywhere of a markup. The guy stated the markup is on the truck window, and I said that it's very misleading on their website. I then told him wasn't going to pay anything above MSRP and he laughed, he then said this is a very limited edition truck and only 3000 were going to be built, now I laughed and told him he didn't know anything. I also told him there are lots of guys who have bought at MSRP which he said that those guys are lying. I told him that this is why most people are buying out of state and he said that they were too and trying to buy as many trucks as they can. So now it also looks like dealers are hoarding trucks to artificially keep the price high for as long as they can. So everyone stay away from Sunrise Ford and tell your friends too. Let them choke on all their inventory and buy out of California.

A lot of dealers are doing this unfortunately, buying up all the Raptors they find from dealers selling them at MSRP. I don't know if it was like this with the 1st gen, but FORD really should do something to reign in the price gouging dealers.

CharlotteRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if they are on the list here, but Felix Sebates (https://www.fordlincolncharlotte.com) in Charlotte are doing the same game. Collecting and listing as if their MSRP is 80K. I went in after negotiating a 4k over deal on a white one, but they had removed and sold the wheels that came on it OEM and replaced them with 20 inch Rockstar wheels. So then I get there and find a dent in the C pillar between door and bed. They state they didn't see it and would bang it out and repaint and I would never know it was there.. walked immediately. Found a dealer an hour away that had 2 at MSRP and went in and bought the same white one I wanted. I then posted the other 2 they had (got in a gray one a day after I bought mine) on forums and facebook and they both sold within a day... the dealership called and said they were sending me 400 bucks as referral fee for sending them people from forums. Awesome dealership!!!

https://cloningerford.com/ is where I bought. Turns out the sales manager has an RV at the same campground I am at and the dealership sponsored the absolute best fireworks show I have ever seen this weekend out there.

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Phil Long Ford in Denver, CO. They have 40+ 2017's in stock and still have the nerve to quote $10k+ over MSRP.

zsommer79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Phil Long Ford in Denver, CO. They have 40+ 2017's in stock and still have the nerve to quote $10k+ over MSRP.

Wow that's crazy, I am not sure how they plan to find the buyers with the 18 getting ready to start production.

BAD454SS

Banned
Reaction score
A lot of dealers are doing this unfortunately, buying up all the Raptors they find from dealers selling them at MSRP. I don't know if it was like this with the 1st gen, but FORD really should do something to reign in the price gouging dealers.

My best friend was sales manager at Lexus he had a friend at Ford dealership across street , I ordered 2nd week of July 2010 and recevied last week of August no BS, or games and traded my 06 Viper in. Easiest buying expirence ever. The crap i see going on now , they can choke on their Raptors sitting on the lots .