GEN 2 Wall of Shame Greedy FORD Dealers. Call them out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah my local dealer vista ford in CA went crazy on the 2017 raptors. They have 9 of them sitting on the lot, 3 of them avalanche. they are asking a 10k markup on them, im pretty much 100% sure that they bought them off of other dealers for mrsp so they are pretty stuck. I told them i was a buyer at mrsp and they let me walk, saying that 10k was a deal. have a order with a 2018 at mrsp, can't wait for my first oil change to drive it in there and let them know.

Dealer here has 19 on the lot and is advertising 4 MY18's in transit, what a greedy bastard

New Ford Old Bridge New Jersey - Ford Dealer Edison, NJ, East Brunswick, Freehold, Monroe Township, & Englishtown

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah my dad was pretty impatient and got one on CA for 8 over about 6 months ago when most dealers were asking and getting over 20k. I'm glad I was patient, now I can spend the extra funds on mods straight off the bat. Now I'm betting many CA dealers are going to have to start cutting their prices.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

lol mine wasn't so much inpatient as picky and unrealistic as an option. who wants to go on a cross-county road trip with a 3yo and 6yo? not to mention the wife's vacation has to be scheduled by dec the prior year, or 6 weeks in advance if available.

i bet some dealers like ken grody will be taking a loss soon or be sitting on their truck for awhile.

BudTX

Reaction score
Was thinking of doing same thing to my local dealer who wanted 10k over and they wonder why they only get one allocation. Working on ordering one myself out of state for an awesome deal... once I complete my order I'll post details so anyone else can get the same deal.

Great idea. I may end up doing something similar to the smug salesman at Louisburg Ford.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah my local dealer vista ford in CA went crazy on the 2017 raptors. They have 9 of them sitting on the lot, 3 of them avalanche. they are asking a 10k markup on them, im pretty much 100% sure that they bought them off of other dealers for mrsp so they are pretty stuck. I told them i was a buyer at mrsp and they let me walk, saying that 10k was a deal. have a order with a 2018 at mrsp, can't wait for my first oil change to drive it in there and let them know.

18s shipping soon. Lots of 17s on the lots in ca. 8 at ken grody last time i was there. I smell a deal in the near future. To be honest though, I'd rather have a 18 at msrp that a 17 below....unless -5k+ then I'd think about it. Suck Balls Ca dealers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A dealer by me has 34 2017 Raptors sitting on the lot. Yes, that's thirty-four old model year now that new ones are rolling off the line. They bought them from all over the country at a markup and will be taking a loss if they sell them at MSRP. Some sales manager is in hot over that decision.

While I don't see big discounts happening on either coast, these guys will be less agressive about picking up other dealer's trucks. That means we should see good deals show up in lower demand areas.

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A dealer by me has 34 2017 Raptors sitting on the lot. Yes, that's thirty-four old model year now that new ones are rolling off the line. They bought them from all over the country at a markup and will be taking a loss if they sell them at MSRP. Some sales manager is in hot over that decision.

While I don't see big discounts happening on either coast, these guys will be less agressive about picking up other dealer's trucks. That means we should see good deals show up in lower demand areas.

that is ken grody oc? lmao they did have 48 when i got mine else where.

http://kengrodyfordorangecounty.com/inventory/view/2017/Model/F-150/New/Trims/Raptor/SortBy0/ they got 38 atm lmao