GEN 2 Wall of Shame Greedy FORD Dealers. Call them out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary Smith Ford, Fort Walton Beach, FL. Wanted 18k over MSRP and 25k over MSRP for the GT350. I ordered the exact truck on their show room floor from a dealership 2 hours away 5k over MSRP.

It took me personally knowing the owner to get a Gen1 at MSRP in 2013 from Gary, it was such a battle this time I went to Bozard with no hassle but I do think it's because they messed up a deal with me from before.

I bought both my 04 lightning and cobras from world ford in Pensacola. Never had a problem with them at all.

Any others get MSRP in FL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just three weeks ago Bill Currie had them at $10k over, so things are improving.

When I first started looking, according to teh FORD site search for Raptors, there would be 50 or so that would come up in a 100 mile radius, last couple of weeks, its around 70.

Sales have slowed a bit it seems.

NES431

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stopped by Dana Ford in Staten Island over Memorial Day. Salesman told me that mu WAS 10k but was now 15k because they only had a few left on lot and that Ford was not making a 2018 model. Laughed out loud and walked out the door.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stopped by Dana Ford in Staten Island over Memorial Day. Salesman told me that mu WAS 10k but was now 15k because they only had a few left on lot and that Ford was not making a 2018 model. Laughed out loud and walked out the door.

Ha! Too funny, those fuggers called me. They never had the chance to spin that crap on me. I told I ordered an 18 at MSRP here in NJ. Have a nice day...:flipthebird:

JasonDeezy

Reaction score
Veracom Ford, San Mateo, CA

Shadow Black 802A sitting outside for about a month now with spider webs on the rims for $20K over the $70,920.00 MSRP. Spoke to Bentz (internet sales) and they won't budge.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shadow Black 802A sitting outside for about a month now with spider webs on the rims for $20K over the $70,920.00 MSRP. Spoke to Bentz (internet sales) and they won't budge.

Mind boggling these people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Despite me having already put an order in at Penske, I trolled El Cajon Ford today just to see how many Raptors they had on the lot. I counted 11 or 12 and their 30k markup had been reduced to 20k.

First sales guy that approached me was fairly cool, asked if he could help us out, I said I was just looking at the Raptors but made it clear I wasn't buying and already had an order in for a 2018. He followed us around for a couple minutes then let us browse in peace.

2nd sales guy approaches us and introduces himself by telling me "why wait a year or two when you can have one now" I responded with "I don't think it will take me quite that long but thanks" he responds with "ok, see you later in the year when we only have 3 left" and walks away.

1st sales guy comes back, starts asking me questions about my order. First question he asked was if I ordered the same color as the Raptor I was looking at on the lot (Avalanch) at this point, I knew he was trying to gauge if I was full of shit about my claim of having ordered one. So I told him it wasn't available on the 2018 and went with Lead Foot and provided other details. He walks away and comes back 2 minutes later and asks "what if I gave you a killer deal on this one, would you buy it today" unfortunately I did not ask what the killer deal was, I simply declined because I'm set on a 2018 and beyond that, I don't like that dealership. But I get the impression they are willing to negotiate if they know the customer has done their homework and knows where and how to acquire a Raptor @ MSRP.

guernsej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
El Cajon is going to have a ton of 17s still on their lot as the 18s start rolling in. Curious how they'll spin it to keep their markups...

surfnsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
El Cajon is going to have a ton of 17s still on their lot as the 18s start rolling in. Curious how they'll spin it to keep their markups...

My guess is all of the AG raptors will remain at +MSRP due to the "limited color availability".

I wouldn't be surprised if we see $25-35k markups on 2018 and they reduce the 2017's to "only" +$10-15K over MSRP.

I asked a local dealer the same thing (what are you going to do with the 2017's when 2018'***** the lot) and he said 2018's wont hit the lots till Q1 2018. :smh:

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking on Raptor Finder and caught this dealer. The dealer claims 5k under msrp (even puts that in the raptors description) but I couldn't understand how they got to that number.

Peacock Ford in Orlando. Link to the Raptor Sale

Claims an MSRP of $74,430 but the window sticker with matching vin lists MSRP as $64,430.00. Link to the window sticker

I wouldn't have thought a dealer would lie about something so easily checked. If it had been 5k under best believe I'd be over there now buying it.

I messaged them to inform them of the discrepancy in case it was a typo that was never verified before it was used in marketing.

Last edited: