GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine July 28th from a little dealer finally got built January 20th all options including carbon fiber and beadlocks was shocked last Thursday when I called and they said it was already in Battle Creek Michigan on the rails heading to Montana with a delivery date of the 9th.. good luck to y'all

Very good news glad to hear something positive :) !

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just don't understand how a company as large as ford, who surely chooses suppliers who can pump out parts in bulk, cannot ramp up production if they didn't guess enough CF builds.... in the over 5 months since placing my order. Same for the BL peeps.

This is not a high volume model and it likely uses parts from specially suppliers which means there can be issues.

Also, Ford may not have predicted demand accurately for this option.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is not a high volume model and it likely uses parts from specially suppliers which means there can be issues.

Also, Ford may not have predicted demand accurately for this option.

You can't really pick up an autoclave off
The corner hardware store. And the supplier of CF hasn't received a request from ford to increase production. They are a customer of mine.

They have contingent PO's for machines awaiting a request from ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Molson36

Reaction score
Ordered mine out of Missoula Montana Ford dealer here in Phoenix called me up to tell me that I can order mine but they want to $10,000 MSRP, paid a little over MSRP but there's no tax in Montana so it washes.

dieseldude

Reaction score
Found a dealer (in Utah) with an allocation, ordered 1/27/17, got email confirmation 2/1/17,
MSRP with a $1k deposit. Black SCAB, 802A, Tailgate step, spray in bedliner... done.
I had to specifically request California Emissions (sticker put on at the factory) $0 cost.
Salesman said 8 weeks to 6 months before delivery....
At least he is up front with the situation.
Now I have to deal with Volkswagen, I have a gross polluter that they have to buy back, (court order). It turns out the VW buyback is almost 40% of the Raptor price.
Sweet discount... kinda sorta.
I'll post pictures when it's available.

Email was from the selling dealer, nothing from the factory yet.

Last edited:

Awhell

Reaction score
1/30 Order

Found a dealer (in Utah) with an allocation, ordered 1/27/17, got email confirmation 2/1/17,
MSRP with a $1k deposit. Black SCAB, 802A, Tailgate step, spray in bedliner... done.
I had to specifically request California Emissions (sticker put on at the factory) $0 cost.
Salesman said 8 weeks to 6 months before delivery....
At least he is up front with the situation.
Now I have to deal with Volkswagen, I have a gross polluter that they have to buy back, (court order). It turns out the VW buyback is almost 40% of the Raptor price.
Sweet discount... kinda sorta.
I'll post pictures when it's available.

I ordered one from a dealership near Nashville on Monday. He informed me it would likely be June before I see it.

Did you receive a confirmation email from your dealership or Ford?

I bought Jeep a few years ago and I had a tracking number through the process.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine out of Missoula Montana Ford dealer here in Phoenix called me up to tell me that I can order mine but they want to $10,000 MSRP, paid a little over MSRP but there's no tax in Montana so it washes.

I thought taxes were based on the state in which the vehicle will be registered not the state in which it was purchased?

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought taxes were based on the state in which the vehicle will be registered not the state in which it was purchased?

That is exactly the case we have here, in Idaho. For instance, I could buy a Raptor in Montana, or Washington, and unless those particular dealers had an Idaho Tax ID # with the state of Idaho, no sales tax would be collected......until I brought it back to Idaho and registered it at the DMV. VIN is then inspected, and full Idaho state tax (6%) will be collected.