GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bkozakie

Reaction score
You tried Truck City Ford in Buda?

I did check with them and they were 5K over MSRP.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Austin as well, I didn't get hit up for any mark-ups - yet anyway, but I have also told them I would not by any stretch. Paid 15K for my GT500 from them so they can use that money or I buy elsewhere or a different toy

You must be better at negotiating then I am. All dealers in Austin and surrounding areas (Round Rock, Georgetown, Hutto) that I contacted were mostly 10K over MSRP with 1 or 2 at 5K. It appears from others on this thread, though, that MSRP without any dealer markup is possible, you just have to be patient and do the leg work. I'll attempt to expand my search to see if I get any hits.

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine for MSRP. I also just bought a GT350 from them for MSRP. Just need to get on the phone and call around....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparky477

Reaction score
Just went to Sunrise Ford in Fontana. 20k over MSRP... anybody know of a Southern California dealer that is at or around MSRP?

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am talking to various dealers and so far no MSRPs in SC, but I am expanding my search to include NC and Ga. I got this E Mail from one dealer which seems strange. --
We should be able to fill retail orders for customers. We already have one ordered and allocated to us.

However, what I was saying is if you're looking for someone to sell you the vehicle with no mark up from MSRP then you may want to keep looking elsewhere. Again, not trying to be rude or difficult to work with. I try to shoot all of my people with straight forward and honest answers to save you time. As far as I know and what I'm being told. All dealers will be adjusting the retail price to reflect the current market value. Which basically means that everyone will be marking up these trucks and selling them over MSRP.

everjack

Reaction score
I found one in Tennessee where I'll hopefully be living by the time it's been built for MSRP at a small dealer. I'm in AZ. now, and everyone wanted 10-20k over MSRP. If for some reason I'm not there by then, I'll just pay to have it shipped. I got Avalanche Grey with 802A, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, spray in bedliner, and the tailgate appliqué. This is the first vehicle I've ever ordered, and can't wait to take delivery. I was going to order the sunroof, but I've read some reports of leaking with them and don't really want to take a chance on dealing with that issue. I'm still debating on wether I should add the carbon fiber package?

Anyways.... Congrats to those who've ordered one, and good luck to those trying to find one.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did check with them and they were 5K over MSRP.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

You must be better at negotiating then I am. All dealers in Austin and surrounding areas (Round Rock, Georgetown, Hutto) that I contacted were mostly 10K over MSRP with 1 or 2 at 5K. It appears from others on this thread, though, that MSRP without any dealer markup is possible, you just have to be patient and do the leg work. I'll attempt to expand my search to see if I get any hits.

I'm going to get an oil change tomorrow. I'm going when sales will be there so I can probe it a little further. Worst case there will be an order Raptor delivering waiting for the person to pay the mark-up - it hit MSRP at 69K even. Mark-ups aft that, they will get a smooth cussing and I'll be buying a totally different toy.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Applique is probably double sided tape. They're not going to make multiple types of tailgates--one with bolt holes, one without, just for something they can stick on.

Pretty sure the tailgates with the appliqués on the platinums have holes on the back side.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Close as i could find

Just went to Sunrise Ford in Fontana. 20k over MSRP... anybody know of a Southern California dealer that is at or around MSRP?

I ordered mine from Team Ford in Vegas, Dennis Carroll 702-499-1903

Going to make a small trip out of it.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

They are asking MSRP

Sparky477

Reaction score
I ordered mine from Team Ford in Vegas, Dennis Carroll 702-499-1903

Going to make a small trip out of it.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

They are asking MSRP

What about California emissions?