GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alexjrs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Placed my order yesterday

Hey guys been wanting a raptor then after they announced the gen 2 there was no way I couldn't get one I called every dealer in a 300 miles radius they all wanted $10k over sticker then I found a local houston dealer for MSRP here's my specs

Lighthing blue crew cab
Luxury 802 A
TWIN panel glass roof
55G EyXT GRAPHICS
61C CARBON FIBER
63T TAILGATE STEP
66R TAILGATE APPLIQ
67H HEATED S/WHEEL. 68R RAPTOR TECH PAC

MSRP $68,367

bkozakie

Reaction score
May I ask which dealer? I've been looking around the Austin area and all are 10K and above. I'll wait if I can't get MSRP or less, but would be nice to have a truck by the end of the year/early next year.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordering Raptor but.....

Hey guys, have my order in for the Raptor but wife and I are going back and forth on a few choices we might change before scheduling. Thought can get some guidance from you folks...

First is color. We ordered in Avalanche and "some" of the pics floating around look fine. Some, along with comments from those who've seen it in person make me think twice. I too do not see really any grey. When I start thinking about contrast to the wheel wells, wheels, rear appliqué and graphics, I wonder and wonder and wonder. Very stark contrast. We like the lightening blue but not sure if it's too bold? Gorgeous but other considerations. Oddly enough we get tremendous compliments on our current ingot silver with graphics package but I'm not seeing the WOW with the new one. I'm buying it, but just an observation to my eyes. The other color is magnetic. Probably nice but can't see too many pics of raptor with it yet.

I had a question on the graphics package. The Hero card shows a silver edge and black background but I'm now seeing an avalanche with more of a brown tone to the sticker coloring. Any clarification? Sure is a waste of money for what they are giving but I do know the quality is a bit different than aftermarket graphics. Has more of a textured feel. And no splash graphics leaves me wondering why? LOL

Last question is on spray in bedliner. I have factory sprayed in current Raptor and they spray over everything, tie downs etc. I could've sworn I saw a new f150 at dealer where tie downs and other components were not sprayed. Anybody have clarification in this as well?

Oops- one more thing- rear appliqué. If we ever decided to remove it, is it bolted on, double sided tape or what? Do they pop holes in tailgate?

Appreciate your opinions and guidance.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May I ask which dealer? I've been looking around the Austin area and all are 10K and above. I'll wait if I can't get MSRP or less, but would be nice to have a truck by the end of the year/early next year.

Austin as well, I didn't get hit up for any mark-ups - yet anyway, but I have also told them I would not by any stretch. Paid 15K for my GT500 from them so they can use that money or I buy elsewhere or a different toy

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, have my order in for the Raptor but wife and I are going back and forth on a few choices we might change before scheduling. Thought can get some guidance from you folks...

First is color. We ordered in Avalanche and "some" of the pics floating around look fine. Some, along with comments from those who've seen it in person make me think twice. I too do not see really any grey. When I start thinking about contrast to the wheel wells, wheels, rear appliqué and graphics, I wonder and wonder and wonder. Very stark contrast. We like the lightening blue but not sure if it's too bold? Gorgeous but other considerations. Oddly enough we get tremendous compliments on our current ingot silver with graphics package but I'm not seeing the WOW with the new one. I'm buying it, but just an observation to my eyes. The other color is magnetic. Probably nice but can't see too many pics of raptor with it yet.

I had a question on the graphics package. The Hero card shows a silver edge and black background but I'm now seeing an avalanche with more of a brown tone to the sticker coloring. Any clarification? Sure is a waste of money for what they are giving but I do know the quality is a bit different than aftermarket graphics. Has more of a textured feel. And no splash graphics leaves me wondering why? LOL

Last question is on spray in bedliner. I have factory sprayed in current Raptor and they spray over everything, tie downs etc. I could've sworn I saw a new f150 at dealer where tie downs and other components were not sprayed. Anybody have clarification in this as well?

Oops- one more thing- rear appliqué. If we ever decided to remove it, is it bolted on, double sided tape or what? Do they pop holes in tailgate?

Appreciate your opinions and guidance.

Bedliner is $500. Get Line X instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1j-pMbKDbU

Applique is probably double sided tape. They're not going to make multiple types of tailgates--one with bolt holes, one without, just for something they can stick on.

Last edited:

srt10viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1e022f52bd54f8bdfc88e7e258b2bd20.jpg

This is what I got from my dealer yesterday. No Dora yet... He said order was accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superiorplumbing