GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order scheduling doesn't even happen until late August and production isn't scheduled until late September. There is no reason to get in a rush to get all this started. Even then the Raptor is not going to be the first F150 built. It will be interesting to see when the first ones get built.

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order scheduling doesn't even happen until late August and production isn't scheduled until late September. There is no reason to get in a rush to get all this started. Even then the Raptor is not going to be the first F150 built. It will be interesting to see when the first ones get built.

No rush, but you can't receive a Raptor until you order, and you can order now. Most lines are first come first serve. Also, the hype will only go up from here, so the lines going to ramp up real fast when final numbers are out.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am beginning to think Ford may have some issues with the release date of the Raptor, from the company marketing perspective this is a mess. So a late order may take until 2018 to fill, wow. I am one of the ones waiting for the second wave, I may not live long enough.

Where are you getting this info, and when did you place your order?

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to assume "if" the dealer actually tells you, you are in on their order allocation you'd probably see it this year.

My dealer had an initial allocation of a whopping 1 Raptor, and I got it. They're still pretty confident in their initial estimate of "November/December". I'm close with the sales manager, so maybe that helps with regard to good info vs BS.

poison123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer had an initial allocation of a whopping 1 Raptor, and I got it. They're still pretty confident in their initial estimate of "November/December". I'm close with the sales manager, so maybe that helps with regard to good info vs BS.

I'm willing to bet the dealers will get all their "allocations" this year more than likely. And non allocation orders will be into next, I mean it'd be stupid on Ford's part to not get a few allocated Raptors to every dealer in the US.

Even Nissan managed to produce like 1730 of the first model year of GTR....and that car is a shit load more complicated to build.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you getting this info, and when did you place your order?

I think I saw it in a video, a ford person made the comment about build orders running into 2018, but for the life of me I can find it. Maybe another member will recall it. Oh I have not ordered yet waiting till these cool off.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have been releasing videos and info on social media near the first of every month for the last few months.