GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im actually hoping for spring of next year at min. Im on the fence about a certain other 2005/2006 ford vehicle and am trying to decide on what to do. My dealer didnt ask for a deposit so im not out anything if i reject the truck.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I'm hearing from Ford is that the Raptor, in general, is a "late release" and that no color or option will cause it to be any later than if other options were chosen. After all, how does it make sense that Magnetic or Ruby would cause a later release when they're spraying thousands of vehicles with those colors already?

Boricuaevo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I'm hearing from Ford is that the Raptor, in general, is a "late release" and that no color or option will cause it to be any later than if other options were chosen. After all, how does it make sense that Magnetic or Ruby would cause a later release when they're spraying thousands of vehicles with those colors already?

Probably because they sprayed thousands of vehicles, low in quantity.:biggrin:

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received my DORA today and I was able to get an agreeable discount for being a repeat customer.

FYI, here is the current order status listed in the DORA:

"HOLD RAPTOR ORDERS WILL BE HELD UNTIL THE LATE AVAILABILITY IS REMOVED. SUBMITTED ORDERS WILL THEN GO INTO UNSCHEDULED ORDER BANK."

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per the regional Ford rep who services the dealership where I ordered my Raptor, the standard wheels are black.

Hope this is the case, but sadly not looking that way based on latest hero card, posterprint, order guide etc

I received my DORA today and I was able to get an agreeable discount for being a repeat customer.

FYI, here is the current order status listed in the DORA:

"HOLD RAPTOR ORDERS WILL BE HELD UNTIL THE LATE AVAILABILITY IS REMOVED. SUBMITTED ORDERS WILL THEN GO INTO UNSCHEDULED ORDER BANK."

Welcome to the order purgatory group :biggrin:

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am beginning to think Ford may have some issues with the release date of the Raptor, from the company marketing perspective this is a mess. So a late order may take until 2018 to fill, wow. I am one of the ones waiting for the second wave, I may not live long enough.