GEN 2 Truck Order Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My father (loaded Screw) and I (801A Scab with a bunch of standalone options) placed orders with our local dealer on Tuesday this week. After we placed the order they couldnt promise more than 1 Raptor due to possible allotment restraints. He called his Ford regional zone rep to ask for 2 Raptors. Just got off the phone this morning (Saturday) with the owner whom we know well. He said they were approved for 2 orders, that the Scab would be estimated for December delivery and the Screw would be April/May. Of course this is an estimate based on production, avalability of materials, demand etc. So we are happy to have both approved and some estimated timetable but that Screw is going to take a while.

Doesn't make any sense, whatsoever. As stated earlier, once the line is set up, they can flat crank out the Raptors, and Ford's originally rumored plan of SCs first then CCs has been scrubbed. Ford will sell at least 4 CCs to 1 SC, so it just doesn't make sense.

Cusenation7

Reaction score
Doesn't make any sense, whatsoever. As stated earlier, once the line is set up, they can flat crank out the Raptors, and Ford's originally rumored plan of SCs first then CCs has been scrubbed. Ford will sell at least 4 CCs to 1 SC, so it just doesn't make sense.

That is the information we are getting straight from the dealer. Until Ford starts to accept/process the orders and release the schedule, it's what I have to go on. And to be honest it's about where I expected it to be...around November/December. I can hope it will be earlier but I'm also being realistic and not getting my hopes up it will be any sooner.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind that they will only build a few Raptors compared to their hottest seller, the F150, each day. When they were building the Gen1's they were only doing up to 60 or so Raptors a day. They aren't going to just shut down the F150 line to satisfy Raptor orders. Promise you that.....

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the information we are getting straight from the dealer. Until Ford starts to accept/process the orders and release the schedule, it's what I have to go on. And to be honest it's about where I expected it to be...around November/December. I can hope it will be earlier but I'm also being realistic and not getting my hopes up it will be any sooner.

It's hard to know what to believe. The dealership where I ordered my crew cab and two friends of mine who work for Ford (one in KC and one in Michigan) are saying that, once orders are accepted and production begins, they'll be built without regard to cab configuration.

Who knows? There's so much speculation and uncertainty about this thing! I'm sure things are going exactly how Ford would have them to go... What with the borderline hysteria and all. Lol!

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

You really think there will be more SCABs produced over SCREWs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me? Absolutely not. I'm saying a minimum of 4 crew cabs to 1 super cab.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Keep in mind that they will only build a few Raptors compared to their hottest seller, the F150, each day. When they were building the Gen1's they were only doing up to 60 or so Raptors a day. They aren't going to just shut down the F150 line to satisfy Raptor orders. Promise you that.....

Of course not! However, they'll have a line specifically set up to build Raptors, yes?

Cusenation7

Reaction score
Of course not! However, they'll have a line specifically set up to build Raptors, yes?[/QUOTE]

Link to video of 2014 raptor being built along same assembly line as regular F150's via TFL Truck

https://youtu.be/hDTeIbNjqVU

Another clip of the 2014 Raptor being built at the plant

https://youtu.be/5vey6c6O9mQ

CalPirate

Reaction score
FYI for y'all in the Houston area... I just talked to Lone Star Ford and they are 10K over MSRP for SCREWs. They told me that is for all dealers in the Houston area and "it was mandated by FORD." I don't believe the "it was mandated by FORD" statement, but I could be mistaken.

I have not talked to other dealers yet.