Transmission problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Just heard from the service technician. They removed the pan and found metal shavings. They are ordering a new transmission today once ford approves it. He thought he could get one fairly quickly but we will see what fairly quickly really means. At least now I won't have to worry all the time it will do it again.

If there is metal in the pan the cooler and lines should also be replaced. Push for it. You now have metal throughout your system.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Just heard from the service technician. They removed the pan and found metal shavings. They are ordering a new transmission today once ford approves it. He thought he could get one fairly quickly but we will see what fairly quickly really means. At least now I won't have to worry all the time it will do it again.

Good luck man! Hope it all gets resolved for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sucks you have to get a new tyranny but at least it's mostly covered under the warranty. Plus you have that sweet ride in the mean time.[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

They aren't made to last forever...
Or apparently for more than a few miles!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

Hopefully they have you back on the road most rickety tick tock.

OP
OP
W

wwgman

Reaction score
Unfortunately Ford asked them to send pictures of what was in the pan. They can't order until Ford ok's it. Hopefully just a formality. They are replacing the cooler also. The transmission is back ordered right now. They are trying to get the regional rep involved to fast track one. No telling how long this will take.

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give me a break metal in the pan and oil spewing out the frikin thing the trannys junk what a shit show. I would be flipping out on them by now.