Transmission problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disagree, but to each their own. Always best to fluctuate RPMs and cycle through all gears for at least 500-1000miles. Even on my brand new BMW M3, a limiter was set until the break in period.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disagree, but to each their own. Always best to fluctuate RPMs and cycle through all gears for at least 500-1000miles. Even on my brand new BMW M3, a limiter was set until the break in period.

just like a brand new rear from ford. i bought one already assembled from ford, entire pumpkin with gears for my mustang. says no break in needed. i went to the track the day after installation... 5k miles no issues what so ever and no gear whine.

nanochicken

Reaction score
I hate seeing stories like this, especially when the truck is just off the lot with less than 1,000 miles on it. It makes me skeptical as heck of the 2017's and doubtful that such transmission problems will be fixed in the 2018's.

Seriously, if you spend $70,000+ on a new vehicle, the damned thing had better be in pristine, tip-top condition. That's a lot of friggin money for a vehicle. But we are all here because we love the look/concept of the Raptor and are willing to pay the extra money to have something so nice!