Top Speed on Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I let off when I ran out of numbers....and it was still pulling.

I didn't want anymore

S. Georgia backroads are long and flat

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed with the picture above, 113 is the max. If you want a safe way to prove to yourself what the limiter is, get behind someone, engage adaptive cruise control, and see how far the computer lets you set it. Answer, it's 113.

The Blackwing is straight lunatic insanity and I let off at the top of 5th gear and had one more left and that was the fastest I've traveled in a vehicle. I was a dumb kid wth a liter bike back in the day and let off at 170-ish. Don't ever do that. I've not pressed the Turbo S Cayenne too far as we swapped the UHP Summer 22" tires for HP All-Seasons and they're V speed-rated where the 22s are Y-rated (149 vs 186+). The rumored top speed of the Cayenne is 183mph. Others with the Blackwing... Well...

1723476734911.png

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bfg ko2s, I know terrible idea and very dangerous
YEP and not for just for tire speed ratings. Thats alot of air underneath that truck, no spoilers keeping down force. 1 frost heave or bump and its good bye

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Ive posted it here before with the GPS visible, but my 2018 will easily pull 140mph. Yes, the K02 tires don't like it as they're too flexi/soft, but unless they're physically compromised they wont “blow up” or otherwise fail unless run above their speed rating for a “while”. I wouldn't want brake/turn as in racing at those speeds on them, but I’m not an inexperienced noob at high speed driving, so it’s no big deal to me. My bikes, all 5 of them, exceed 100 mph often. One of them will run 180+ easily while the others are geared lower with slightly less power and they top out at 170-180. The truck and my other 4-wheeled vehicles top out less often, but occasionally.

Bronze

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed, I tried to look it up but nothing. I assume the top speed before the limiter is hit to be around 113mph, as this is where I ran into the power reduction the other night. Just curious as I thought my gen 1 made it to 110mph.
A TRX in Germany with the limiter removed hit 175 mhp on Youtube. The Raptor R is lighter so I would expect the same.

badclam

Reaction score
Ive posted it here before with the GPS visible, but my 2018 will easily pull 140mph. Yes, the K02 tires don't like it as they're too flexi/soft, but unless they're physically compromised they wont “blow up” or otherwise fail unless run above their speed rating for a “while”. I wouldn't want brake/turn as in racing at those speeds on them, but I’m not an inexperienced noob at high speed driving, so it’s no big deal to me. My bikes, all 5 of them, exceed 100 mph often. One of them will run 180+ easily while the others are geared lower with slightly less power and they top out at 170-180. The truck and my other 4-wheeled vehicles top out less often, but occasionally.
The problem is not the tire "blowing up". The problem is not needing a perfect stretch of road. The problem is that the tires become unstable. At about 120 my Gen 1 with 2024 KO2 take-offs started to shake and wobble. I took it to my tire guy and had them check the balance, it was good. He explained to me that these big tires are not built perfect, evident by the balancing process, and that they can literally start to go out of round at high RPMs. You might get lucky and have a better than average set of tires, or maybe over inflating them will help? They have a speed rating for a reason, and if they were safe at higher speeds, the rating would be higher. The trucks handle well at 113 and don't require any special road to go that fast.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This thread is reminding me of years ago myself...
WAY back when before GPS and computers in cars.
1979 Bronco 429 3.50 stock gears and 38.5x16 TSL Super Swampers.
On the highway next to friends 70 Camaro.
Bronco actually stayed ahead.
Maybe 100-105-??? mph.
Friend with me balled up on back seat floor.
He worked in a tire store and cried the tread was coming through the floor pan and going to kill us both.
They held together.
I was young and silly enough to jut giggle as I ridiculed my Camaro owning friend. Looking back... yeh, I wasn't always the smartest.