R settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gents this has me going mad and any help is appreciated . In normal mode my truck turns off when the breaks are pressed hard which I cannot stand. Why ford did this is infuriating. Ive read on this forum turning drive mode to sport stops this. So I set things to my favorite settings, sport mode, baha exhaust, turned off that annoying ambiance lighting and hit the R button. Next start up foes right back to all the settings that I hate. I checked my key settings and thats right, but does not remember my settings. Is there something im missing and doing wrong. Wifey has a tremor and has her own questions i cant answer right now.

That usless R button is to remember your settings. Im think that R button is for retard cause it does not remember crap

You don’t “hit” the button to save the settings. You have to hold it until it says it saved. Then every time you cycle the key off/on you just “hit” the button twice to load those settings. You can also save the auto start/stop setting in the R mode if you don’t want to use Sport. Hopefully it’s not for retards if you can’t even figure it out.

See screenshot from your owners manual.
IMG_1402.jpeg

Last edited: