Top Speed on Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billj747

Reaction score
Short burst to 120-125MPH. Not looking to run super high speeds for extended periods. For what it's worth, BFG KR3 (non DOT) is R speed rated (to 106MPH). Toyo MT-R (non DOT) is speed rated to N (87MPH). Those tires are run at 120MPH+ for long stretches with no issues on Trophy Trucks. Sure, different compounds, etc., but doing brief runs up to 125MPH on the road with the factory BFG or other good quality aftermarket tire isn't going to cause catastrohic failure. I would assume most reasonable people would back off the throttle if they felt poor handling characteristics at high speeds.
During the Raptor Rally in Utah, the BFG guys said that the actual 37" OEM Raptor tire is used in off-road racing and some events the trucks run 120-150mph continuously. I didnt ask which class of vehicle runs that tire. This was during the same conversation where they said that running 120-150mph sustained on pavement would generate far more heat and lead to a failure.
I hit a 120 limiter today...blazed right past 113 in my completely stock 2023 35. Confirmed by Waze in a Houston HOV lane lol...Sure surprised me, couldn't do that in my gen 2 before the tune.

Ill do it again for the "pics or it didn't happen guys" ...lol
Your 2023 R has 35s? My 23R was also limited at 113mph, and so was my friends 2024 V6 on 35s.

Last edited:

shigman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
During the Raptor Rally in Utah, the BFG guys said that the actual 37" OEM Raptor tire is used in off-road racing and some events the trucks run 120-150mph continuously. I didnt ask which class of vehicle runs that tire. This was during the same conversation where they said that running 120-150mph susreined on pavement would generate far more heat and lead to a failure.

Your 2023 R has 35s? My 23R was also limited at 113mph, and so was my friends 2024 V6 on 35s.
I don’t have an R….just a regular ole stock 2023 3.5 on 35s not a 37PP truck. I was in sport mode, not sure if that changes the speed limiter, but I definitely hit a typical feeling limiter at 120. Surprised the hell outta me, and I glanced at my Waze on car play for a split second and saw a 120 as well. If i get in a spot i can do that again I’ll snap a photo. I also wasn’t going down a massive hill or anything to push it past the limiter, it was all motor.