Top Speed on Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jAKe47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hit 130 in my tuned '17 and let off because I about shit myself. Probably will never do that again. It was pretty stable up to about 110-115 though.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know for a fact I would not have the guts to snap a pic of my speedometer with my phone going that fast. I’d have a death grip on the steering wheel!!
The highways in Wisconsin and Illinois are not the places where one should want to give it a try. However, I've been told there's a stretch of I-80 in Wyoming where the highway is straight for miles, and one can see for miles. Where, theoretically of course, one can easily drive that fast without even closing in on another vehicle. At least that's what I've heard. I've also heard that a stock Raptor on that stretch of highway, has absolutely no shaking, wobbling, or any other behaviors that would make a driver feel uncomfortable, except watching out for Smokey the Bear, or other animals.

Heck there are people on this forum who have probably driven that fast, or close to it, on desert roads of dirt. Now that would be scary! Just make sure your tires are aired up on the highway at high speeds! Running under inflated on the highway builds more heat!

julien194b

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All speeds performed in Mexico lol----
No, German highway of course...
You all know some parts of this higways are no speed limit... that's a terrible experience when you drive a normal car at 85MPH and your are pass by supercar at perhaps 180MPH more or less... it's like you feel you're stop , you would like to open your door and put your foot on the floor, but you're 85MPH :happy175:

Last thing, never use the left line in these conditions if your car can't do it...:eek: