The SnoBall-2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're only as good as your weakest link.... All it takes is one person not following the rules and not making sure the truck behind sees them make a corner or go through an interecting trail to get things all messed up. Thats where the group leads need to be on top of the participants in their respective groups.

Mark

This years Charlie group will be on it! Anyone caught not waiting for the truck behind will be forced to run the length of the group's trucks in their underpants!

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Nitto Trail Grapplers seem prone to a bit of the steering push the Duratracs are giving people. They more than made up for that last night when I ran through some very deep snow. There were huge chunks of snow flying all over the place and they dug right through some 4-5ft drifts. I had been a little concerned since during a previous small snow storm I felt my stock tires had performed better.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you guys feel is the best option for a handheld radio? I don't want to install a full mobile unit in the truck. I have the Baofeng unit I bought from treypal for HAVOC but we really didn't use the radios much there. Would it help to put an external antenna on it? Or should I go with another unit all together?

An handheld experience last year...
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/555867-post333.html

Your handheld will be fine, but the powered units do have their advantages. Your in B and know the majority of us are all on the same page for failsafes. I have the same baofeng as my backup, it works fine.

If they sell a plug in handheld microphone for it, order it up. handheld clipped to the sunroof lip, mic line hanging down. I used a cheap retractable keychain (lighter leash, $3 at gas station) that attached the the rear view miror and handheld microphone, that combo and you're stright truckin ;) :winner_second_h4h:

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
An handheld experience last year...
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/555867-post333.html

Your handheld will be fine, but the powered units do have their advantages. Your in B and know the majority of us are all on the same page for failsafes. I have the same baofeng as my backup, it works fine.

If they sell a plug in handheld microphone for it, order it up. handheld clipped to the sunroof lip, mic line hanging down. I used a cheap retractable keychain (lighter leash, $3 at gas station) that attached the the rear view miror and handheld microphone, that combo and you're stright truckin ;) :winner_second_h4h:

thanks sitdown! just ordered a handheld microphone.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a samsung note (tab is same thing). Bought solely because it has a micro sd port, using backcountry navigator + upgraded premium maps. Like the maps better then my ipad 2s motionX, but the tablet functionality in general is subpar compared to the ipad imo. Using the XGPS150 gps receiver

We just got an Asus 10 (or something).

I'm shopping for a Ram-mounting system now.

What maps should I download with the Backcountry Ap?

I'm hoping the built in gps is adequate enough.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
We just got an Asus 10 (or something).

I'm shopping for a Ram-mounting system now.

What maps should I download with the Backcountry Ap?

I'm hoping the built in gps is adequate enough.

I used the built in GPS and had no issues with the Samsung Tab 2 10.1