The SnoBall-2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pushing or under steer is causded by to much speed at corner turn in. Maybe the duratrac allows you to go faster so now you need to adjust the braking points and get some weight transfer to the front.

That would be my guess. My duratracs are way better then the stk BFGs.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BTW:

Double check all your tire mounts and other goodies before you go. IE welds and things.

Yesterday I noticed that the welds on my tire mount tore out, so nothing was holding the tire down. They were not my welds, but the welds that came from the manufacturer.

This only had 1 Snoball Trip, HitHs, and a few rallycross events. I usually don't have it bolted in the truck so it did not seem to take much.

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Pushing or under steer is causded by to much speed at corner turn in. Maybe the duratrac allows you to go faster so now you need to adjust the braking points and get some weight transfer to the front. That would be my guess. My duratracs are way better then the stk BFGs.

The Duratracs are much better for my daily driving for sure, but I've gone through more much faster with the stock tires then what I did last week. Just throwing up my experience so anyone unfamiliar with deep snow driving will know to possibly anticipate some issues when cornering. I think the Duratracs are a touch wider than stock which may contribute to this sled affect too...

I've been trying to find excuses as to why these tires wouldn't have performed as well and I'm going to chalk it up to slightly warm conditions (before this mass freeze - it was pretty warm the weekend of the prerun when I was out downstate) making the snow a bit melty/slushy/icy.

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IRONMAN & I ended up dropping the tire pressure down to 28psi in my truck, but I'm running more of a mud/rock tire that doesn't have any siping.

Mark

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Joe, how deep was the snow at the pre-run?

more than the SnoBall 500!

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have noticed the same thing Miranda.

In warmer weather there is a big more understeer, in the colder, deeper snow we have last week down here the truck ran like it was on pavement