The SnoBall-2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Fate does not want me to be part of the snoball. First I got the mailing I noted in a prior post and now (I should say continuing) issues with my 4WD. IWEs and vacuum lines were replaced last week and now I have a mid truck clunk which seems to be couple with a momentary loss of power. Truck goes back in during lunch break today so hopefully it's all fixed by snoball.

I have loved my truck but with the 4wd issues I've been chasing lately I am not going to be sad to see it go in 8 weeks!

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fate does not want me to be part of the snoball. First I got the mailing I noted in a prior post and now (I should say continuing) issues with my 4WD. IWEs and vacuum lines were replaced last week and now I have a mid truck clunk which seems to be couple with a momentary loss of power. Truck goes back in during lunch break today so hopefully it's all fixed by snoball.

I have loved my truck but with the 4wd issues I've been chasing lately I am not going to be sad to see it go in 8 weeks!

Keep us in the loop. Group C can't stand to loose a team member!

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Keep us in the loop. Group C can't stand to loose a team member!

Oh it'll be fixed - it's just a PITA right now. If it's not fixed by this weekend I'm shipping it back downstate and Brian will push his guys to make sure it's done for the run. I won't see my truck until Watersmeet in that case but at least it'll be worked on! I have issues with my local dealership not listening to me and brushing off when I tell then there's a problem and even duplicate the issue for them! It took them 2 days to "torque a bolt" before Christmas.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's a good Tablet to get to use for the gps?

I'd like something that also has a usb so we can use it with an external hard-drive for movies.

Also, which gps app are we using? And has the route been sent out yet?

I picked up a samsung note (tab is same thing). Bought solely because it has a micro sd port, using backcountry navigator + upgraded premium maps. Like the maps better then my ipad 2s motionX, but the tablet functionality in general is subpar compared to the ipad imo. Using the XGPS150 gps receiver

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up a samsung note (tab is same thing). Bought solely because it has a micro sd port, using backcountry navigator + upgraded premium maps. Like the maps better then my ipad 2s motionX, but the tablet functionality in general is subpar compared to the ipad imo. Using the XGPS150 gps receiver

On the pre-run, Keith and myself were using MotionX, Roger was using Backcountry and a number of guys were using their Lowrances, between us...I think we could have found a trail to Atlantis.

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On the pre-run, Keith and myself were using MotionX, Roger was using Backcountry and a number of guys were using their Lowrances, between the three devices...I think we could have found a trail to Atlantis.

That's great! At least it will be warmer than the UP!

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes between the ppl in the group, nav is really not needed. A good radio is much better spent $. I feen daily for more truck tchotchke's & gadgets so wanted to try the samsung. My factory nav served me well last year, a good majority of the trip was on map, even some technical trails.

mouldman1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do you guys feel is the best option for a handheld radio? I don't want to install a full mobile unit in the truck. I have the Baofeng unit I bought from treypal for HAVOC but we really didn't use the radios much there. Would it help to put an external antenna on it? Or should I go with another unit all together?

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes between the ppl in the group, nav is really not needed. A good radio is much better spent $. I feen daily for more truck tchotchke's & gadgets so wanted to try the samsung. My factory nav served me well last year, a good majority of the trip was on map, even some technical trails.

You're only as good as your weakest link.... All it takes is one person not following the rules and not making sure the truck behind sees them make a corner or go through an interecting trail to get things all messed up. Thats where the group leads need to be on top of the participants in their respective groups.

Mark