The SnoBall-2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I like both. But the duratrac seem to be better in deep snow. They are surprisingly quite on the highway. Put 3000 miles on them already. Also, probably couldn't hear them over the SW headers. Lol... Yukon Joe www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

When I was out in the woods this week my Duratracs seemed to plow more when cornering versus stock. I do like them, but took a little more finesse to corner in the deep stuff than the OEM. Did you feel any of this during your run in the deep?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I was out in the woods this week my Duratracs seemed to plow more when cornering versus stock. I do like them, but took a little more finesse to corner in the deep stuff than the OEM. Did you feel any of this during your run in the deep?

I agree you don't just slid I think they hook up better like in dirt especially.

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I agree you don't just slid I think they hook up better like in dirt especially.

Actually my experience was the opposite - the slid instead of grabbing to corner. With all nannies off they still grabbed fine to not get struck but at the corners the truck would slide forward a bit/plow instead of turn.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

So I arrived home today from an extended trip to find a jury notice...requiring I report to the courthouse in Marquette January 21st. F'ing criminals are ******** up my plans!!! I'm going to apply for a waiver and hope they approve it.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I could see that if your pushing snow. the om bfg did get better right before I put the new duratracs on imo but I've liked the duratracs right out of the gate. I can't wait to hear the report on the new stile BFG's

BigBlueBalls

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually my experience was the opposite - the slid instead of grabbing to corner. With all nannies off they still grabbed fine to not get struck but at the corners the truck would slide forward a bit/plow instead of turn.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

So I arrived home today from an extended trip to find a jury notice...requiring I report to the courthouse in Marquette January 21st. F'ing criminals are ******** up my plans!!! I'm going to apply for a waiver and hope they approve it.

I find that if you ignore things you don't want to do, they usually go away after time, worked for me 3 years ago, they'll find an old person to do it anyways, don't respond or else they'll know you received it. #uspslostinsnowstorm

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Some slight pushing, but I figured it was because I ran in 2 wheel drive for most of the prerun.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Cool cool cool....
The snow is only getting deeper.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Might need to put you behind Mark since he is lead for our group.
Cutting trail is a hard job sometimes and it can get you stuck, good to have a safety.

I'm game with wherever I need to be. I'll have a come-along as well.

Gotta wire up my lights & should have the bumper on in a couple days. Thought I'd do mid-perch at the same time (though I might not gain any height after adding all this weight to the nose).