Texas Raptor Run April 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question about group B. There are some of us with road course track experience and some off road. You said that group B will not allow passing, I would expect that with 15 raptors 1 minute apart you will catch the ones in front of you pretty quickly seeing as how the track is 30-45 min.

Is there any way group B can allow passing like traditional track days...like if someone is on your ass wave your arm and pull to the right to allow them to pass?

Last edited:

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Awesome! I think that's about as fast as BDRAG will take the track with his new tires.

Now just because I dogged ya on the wirin, ya gotta dog me on my barbed wired tires! Hahhahaaaa. I think the real differance will be who don't mind damage as to just how fast who goes. My house is paid for bubba! AHhahaaaaaaaaaaa.

BDRAG

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Has something to do with using copyrighted music.

Worked for me,
BDRAG

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Keep in mind that if it takes you an hour to drive the course, one lap should be good, and rest for an hour and check your ride, let it cool down. then repeat. End of the day, if you arent a seasoned off road RACER, you are gonna be exhausted. Its much more challenging than on road excursions because its 3 dimensional driving, and is more like controlled chaos since there is no grip to dirt, sand or mud. Im excited! I have a large ranch to play on like this, but its not set up quite like this. Excursions on the beach and hunting leases are at least some experience, but this will be a new experience for most of us! WooHoo!

The track will definitely wear you out

Trey, I've read through this whole thing over the last couple days and is there a deadline to sign up for this even?

No deadline, just show up on April 13, and you will be good.

Question about group B. There are some of us with road course track experience and some off road. You said that group B will not allow passing, I would expect that with 15 raptors 1 minute apart you will catch the ones in front of you pretty quickly seeing as how the track is 30-45 min. Is there any way group B can allow passing like regular track days...like if someone is on your ass hit wave your arm and pull to the right to allow them to pass?

You would be surprised on how long it takes to make up a minute. And I need to clairify that it's no passing at speed. If someone is on your tail, wave to let them know you see them and find a good place to pull off, that is not on the outside of a corner. Also, the loop is 40 miles, but expect it to take 1.5 hours.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have 25 years of track racing cars and bikes, but only 3 or 4 of motorcross, so group B will do me just fine. I won't have the bump stops in by that time so would like to come away intact.

bringing both my older sons (20 and 24) and wife told me that if I roll the truck (which was my 25th anniversary present from her) I had better just leave it beside the road before dragging my sorry ass home:Grenade:

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Awesome. Group A is me. I have been doing this stuff since I was 4. If I had more mods on the truck, and it was a play toy instead of a daily drive, I would give you Class U guys a run for your money!

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With no deadline for this event looks like you might as well add 2 more raptors. There maybe more but 90% sure i'm coming with 2.