Texas Raptor Run April 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the heats will be more of a starting order thing. We should be able to get two or three heats on the track at once, it will probably be a lap at a time, but depending on how it flows, we may be able to keep everyone going. I would guess everyone will be able to get in 5-6 laps a day if they want to. The track will wear you out, so I'm guessing some people will call it early.

It looks like there are places to hit way over 70, but you would be surprised, there are only three straightaways where I can hit 75, and usually I keep it around 70. The trophy trucks can only hit 95.

Sounds good..I may just stick with B then..

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
So trey what ate the number lookin like right now? Are we still expecting around 40 or 50 raptors to show :waytogo:

I do like the idea of the different classes I do a lt of off roading I try to go out every weekend and better myself but I can say I've never really been on a track like this I just make my own waypoints on my elite-5m gps haha but I have found some pretty nice corners that I've gone from hitting at 25 to about 40 now getting in sideways I can't wait to get in this track and in up for the long laps I'm still kinda young I can hang

Not sure. 22 People have registered on the registration page. One of those is bringing two raptors. Another group that I dont think has registered is bringing two, and another group might be bringing 3. So that would be 28 Raptors. Plus mine and the ranch owner puts it at 30. I had a bunch more people email me earlier on that haven't hit the registration page as well.

I'm going to guess we will be in the 40-50 range with last minute sign ups and cancels.

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have plenty of track experience in cars and motorcycles and plenty of off-road experience but only in the form of trail riding and rock crawling. Not much in the way of 60mph+ in the dirt. Where do you think I should fall in regards to the group structure?

Tejas

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I have plenty of track experience in cars and motorcycles and plenty of off-road experience but only in the form of trail riding and rock crawling. Not much in the way of 60mph+ in the dirt. Where do you think I should fall in regards to the group structure?

Tejas

A or B.

For those of you that don't know what I am talking about with groups, I am waiting for the official thread to get unlocked and I will get it up there. People who's email I have got an email already.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure. 22 People have registered on the registration page. One of those is bringing two raptors. Another group that I dont think has registered is bringing two, and another group might be bringing 3. So that would be 28 Raptors. Plus mine and the ranch owner puts it at 30. I had a bunch more people email me earlier on that haven't hit the registration page as well.

I'm going to guess we will be in the 40-50 range with last minute sign ups and cancels.

That's pretty sweet I've spotted a few raptors here that I don't think are on the site here so I'm gonna go track them down and give them one of the cards as soon as I get them and hopefully they'll sign up as well and become members on FRF

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
That's pretty sweet I've spotted a few raptors here that I don't think are on the site here so I'm gonna go track them down and give them one of the cards as soon as I get them and hopefully they'll sign up as well and become members on FRF

Looks like at least one more person will be coming from FT. Hood that I know of.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Trey, I've read through this whole thing over the last couple days and is there a deadline to sign up for this even?

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that if it takes you an hour to drive the course, one lap should be good, and rest for an hour and check your ride, let it cool down. then repeat. End of the day, if you arent a seasoned off road RACER, you are gonna be exhausted. Its much more challenging than on road excursions because its 3 dimensional driving, and is more like controlled chaos since there is no grip to dirt, sand or mud. Im excited! I have a large ranch to play on like this, but its not set up quite like this. Excursions on the beach and hunting leases are at least some experience, but this will be a new experience for most of us! WooHoo!