Texas Raptor Run April 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good! I see the hurdle at 1:45....never tried to jump one of those in a truck before, should be interesting!

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, Trey - thanks for getting us worked up a month too early !

Said in the rules no UTVs, etc on the track. I know a couple of people have mentioned they are bringing them, are there "off track" places to cruise around, or will they just be allowed in the pit area ?

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Awesome, Trey - thanks for getting us worked up a month too early !

Said in the rules no UTVs, etc on the track. I know a couple of people have mentioned they are bringing them, are there "off track" places to cruise around, or will they just be allowed in the pit area ?

Pit area for the most part. But the pits are huge. May be able to work out an end of the day sunday or early morning thing.

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Trey, great video and got me real excited! Also excellent taste in music!

On the different groups going how long will each heat be? laps? I have never driven an off road track but I have experience in off-road driving on multiple vehicles including my truck so I would think I would be in group B then go for A..but if we're doing one heat a day I may just jump in for A..The only thing that I don't really like about B is the 70 MPH speed limit..it looks like there are several places to exceed that..

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Trey, great video and got me real excited! Also excellent taste in music!

On the different groups going how long will each heat be? laps? I have never driven an off road track but I have experience in off-road driving on multiple vehicles including my truck so I would think I would be in group B then go for A..but if we're doing one heat a day I may just jump in for A..The only thing that I don't really like about B is the 70 MPH speed limit..it looks like there are several places to exceed that..

I think the heats will be more of a starting order thing. We should be able to get two or three heats on the track at once, it will probably be a lap at a time, but depending on how it flows, we may be able to keep everyone going. I would guess everyone will be able to get in 5-6 laps a day if they want to. The track will wear you out, so I'm guessing some people will call it early.

It looks like there are places to hit way over 70, but you would be surprised, there are only three straightaways where I can hit 75, and usually I keep it around 70. The trophy trucks can only hit 95.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So trey what ate the number lookin like right now? Are we still expecting around 40 or 50 raptors to show :waytogo:

I do like the idea of the different classes I do a lt of off roading I try to go out every weekend and better myself but I can say I've never really been on a track like this I just make my own waypoints on my elite-5m gps haha but I have found some pretty nice corners that I've gone from hitting at 25 to about 40 now getting in sideways I can't wait to get in this track and in up for the long laps I'm still kinda young I can hang

Last edited: