SVC 4wd Long Travel Coming Soon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hurry up @svc / Jeff, ain't got time for these shenanigans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question: I was reading in another thread that the kit will not be offered for order, only in-house installation at SVC. Is this correct? @svc

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Quick question: I was reading in another thread that the kit will not be offered for order, only in-house installation at SVC. Is this correct? @svc

I would think no based on the following quote from Jeff.

This is a complete stand alone setup. It's not the kind of kit that can just be bolted on and really needs to be installed by a reputable shop. You will have to cut coil-buckets off, weld UCA chassis mounts, shock mounts, gusset plates, engine brace, remote res mounts and some other small items.
:

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eff! Back to the drawing board for me [emoji20]

Brenthel dude. Their updated kit for 3" shocks is pretty slick, it's an evolution of something that was already really good... and can be installed in the driveway at home.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So here's the deal. Any long travel kit is going to require modifications to the front end of the truck. In order to do it right, you have to remove the facotry coil-bucket, gusset the lower pivots, weld on new upper uca pivots, gusset and plate the entire frame section both inside and out to support the new stress the front end is going to see, plus make a shock tower that connects both sides. We can send all this out, but it still needs to installed by someone with first hand knowledge or someone who has access to a fab shop to perform all the necessary modifications.

Also, our 4wd kit is welded up and almost ready to go on the customers truck. Once we get one more truck out the door, his will be going in for the full cage and long travel front. Also, we are still waiting on the bypass from King which has put the kits release a little bit behind schedule.

One thing I can promise everyone is this. This kit will be a beast at the end of the day...

Jarrett

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brenthel dude. Their updated kit for 3" shocks is pretty slick, it's an evolution of something that was already really good... and can be installed in the driveway at home.
I was looking at their kit just last night actually. The thing that got me was the requirements: Product Requirements:

Level 3 Installation (Major Fabrication required, welding, grinding, and drilling.)Tires up to*37″ anything shorter is fine.Fiberglass 4″ flare at a minumumWheels 17″ 4.75″ backspacing10″x*2.5″ Coilover shock (Shock requirements below)Compressed dimension 18.375″. Extended dimension 28.375″12″ Hose remote with 90deg fitting pointing upCoils Top coil – 4″ long by 550lb Bottom coil 18″ long by 700lb10″ x 2.5″ Bypass shock (Not required but highly suggested)Compressed dimension 18.375″. Extended dimension 28.375″2 Tube bypass only.* Tubes need to be clocked 90deg to shock bolt.2.5″ width x 2″*stroke*bumpstop (Not required but highly suggested)Bumper custom fabricated (Necessary for maximum travel)

You say you can do the install in the driveway I'm guessing we aren't talking about the same kit. Here's the link I'm looking at: http://www.bajakits.com/product/baja-kits-2010-ford-raptor-f150-4wd-long-travel-race-kit-front-only/

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at their kit just last night actually. The thing that got me was the requirements: Product Requirements:

Level 3 Installation (Major Fabrication required, welding, grinding, and drilling.)Tires up to*37″ anything shorter is fine.Fiberglass 4″ flare at a minumumWheels 17″ 4.75″ backspacing10″x*2.5″ Coilover shock (Shock requirements below)Compressed dimension 18.375″. Extended dimension 28.375″12″ Hose remote with 90deg fitting pointing upCoils Top coil – 4″ long by 550lb Bottom coil 18″ long by 700lb10″ x 2.5″ Bypass shock (Not required but highly suggested)Compressed dimension 18.375″. Extended dimension 28.375″2 Tube bypass only.* Tubes need to be clocked 90deg to shock bolt.2.5″ width x 2″*stroke*bumpstop (Not required but highly suggested)Bumper custom fabricated (Necessary for maximum travel)

You say you can do the install in the driveway I'm guessing we aren't talking about the same kit. Here's the link I'm looking at: Baja Kits Ford Raptor F150 4WD Long Travel Race Suspension Kit - FrontBaja Kits

That's exactly what I'm talking about.
I won't say anymore in svc's thread about it, but check out my install thread here. It'll give you a clear idea of exactly what's involved.
For the record, I can say that from the looks of the svc kit, it will be more robust due to the extra plating on the mounts and frame.
I'm actually considering trying out svc's 2wd lt kit, it has some interesting geometry.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm talking about.
I won't say anymore in svc's thread about it, but check out my install thread here. It'll give you a clear idea of exactly what's involved.
For the record, I can say that from the looks of the svc kit, it will be more robust due to the extra plating on the mounts and frame.
I'm actually considering trying out svc's 2wd lt kit, it has some interesting geometry.

"Trying out" lol, just swap it right out, no big deal haha