SVC 4wd Long Travel Coming Soon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i wont hate, just express jealousy. I'm just trying to do what I can.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was looking at their kit just last night actually. The thing that got me was the requirements: Product Requirements:

Level 3 Installation (Major Fabrication required, welding, grinding, and drilling.)Tires up to*37″ anything shorter is fine.Fiberglass 4″ flare at a minumumWheels 17″ 4.75″ backspacing10″x*2.5″ Coilover shock (Shock requirements below)Compressed dimension 18.375″. Extended dimension 28.375″12″ Hose remote with 90deg fitting pointing upCoils Top coil – 4″ long by 550lb Bottom coil 18″ long by 700lb10″ x 2.5″ Bypass shock (Not required but highly suggested)Compressed dimension 18.375″. Extended dimension 28.375″2 Tube bypass only.* Tubes need to be clocked 90deg to shock bolt.2.5″ width x 2″*stroke*bumpstop (Not required but highly suggested)Bumper custom fabricated (Necessary for maximum travel)

You say you can do the install in the driveway I'm guessing we aren't talking about the same kit. Here's the link I'm looking at: Baja Kits Ford Raptor F150 4WD Long Travel Race Suspension Kit - FrontBaja Kits

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I think for most people out there, if they want to go the long travel route it would still be most cost effective to ship the truck directly to the manufacturer of the kit. That way you know it's done right and in a timely fashion with no long term headaches. For the average consumer, it's way beyond their comfort level and unfortunately there is no getting around the fab side of it.

Then you need to keep the final build goal in mind. If you only want to do a long travel front, and not much to the rear, then don't even bother. It's complete overkill and will only use about 30% of the fronts ability. Ideally the long travel front should be coupled with a four-link rear setup, or highly modified leaf setup at the bare minimum.

Long story short, for it to be done right, it takes long hours and a bunch of money.

Jarrett

PS: Forgot to mention spring rate selection. This is highly dependent on front end weight. Some bumpers weigh almost nothing, others are 300 pounds lead weights that drag the front of the truck down. There are so many variables that go into making the right decision. Just to give you all an idea we have made multiple spring changes to the Smurf to get it working the way we want it to.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Depends on the transport. You can pay top dollar for timely service or pay bottom bones with about a 2-3 week window.

These guys left on monday and made it hear today, so not to bad.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
These guys left on monday and made it hear today, so not to bad.

When I meant low cost, you can find shippers that do it for $500-600, but the car goes from one depot to the next while the truck fills up. $1300 is a great price.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those are one way prices I assume

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abarkerslc