Stupid Things People Say About Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A friend was with me and as I pulled out on a busy 4 lane I did not want to get run over so after I was going in a straight line I nailed it. It snapped him back in the seat and he looked at me kinda funny and asked is this thing supercharged??

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other day i dropped off a load at the local recycling center, about 4 of the workers come up and after saying how nice the truck was and all, started asking questions. One guy asks what all I had done different from stock and I explained that it was mostly all upgraded suspension. In a series of questions he asks, "But the Raptor is known for its great suspension and you spent all that money to improve it" yeah, was my answer to each ? it was like I just told him the world wasn't flat.

I know I am not relating the story right, just can't get the contorted image of his confused face out of my mind.

All the other comments are positive, never been asked if its a Heneshit or such, although many simply never seen or heard of one. My wife calls it the devil machine. she hates it cause it occupies my free time...

Ludski

Reaction score
hey its not always the other people that say stupid things.

a few weeks back i got a guy to pull up next to me while i was in my Wrangler. (lifted on 37s) and he yelled over to me saying how his raptor can off road better than my jeep. to his surprise i answered with "i have a raptor, and it doesnt even compare" his face. priceless.

but i always get the
"whats the gas mileage in that thing?"
"that beast...is yours?!"
"you should lift it"

the most popular though is
"you should lift it and put some 35s on it"

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Well it can handle rock crawling, and then it cant... Depending on the terrain. For jeep guys up here with machines made to go up 90 degree boulders... A raptor going over a few rocks is not rock crawling lil

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 4x4 system can hand rock climbing, it is the approach, departure, and breakover angle that will do it in. Its width to height is ratio would make it extremely stable. Rock crawling with a Raptor will be about balance. The thing to remember is that it is an IFS front end, and given its weight, it needs to be wheeled in a much different manner.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Things you don't want to hear:
Officer: Sir, do you know you blew by the other day when I was in my POV?

Me: No sir, I won't do that; I'm a law abiding citizen.

Officer: Sir, there are only so many white Raptors in Elmore County with Custom Bumpers w/led lights and a chrome Skull in the trailer hitch; I'm sure it was you.

Me: Officer, are you sure it wasn't that white FX4 Ford that's lives up in Emerald Mountian he has one of those skulls in his trailer hitch as well.

Officer: I'm sure it was you but I'll let you off this time with a warning, but I will be keeping an eye out for you.

Me: Thank you Sir (arrrrrrr! SOB........................ - no doubt I have target on my forehead now!)