Steering sensation….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marksmark

Reaction score
Hi all. I’ve finally purchased a 2020 Gen2 and enjoying it so far. A couple of questions though….

1) the steering feels weird at times. Almost like the tyres are stuck in the rut of the road. It almost worried me a couple of times as it felt I had to wrestle a bit with steering. Amy similar experiences?

2) also, and maybe related to the above, but what type pressures are you running for daily driving. I’ve just parked up after driving around 20km and they are sat at 39-41 psi approx.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Cheers.

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You probably bought this tools old truck after Carmax shipped it out of the US

OP
OP
M

marksmark

Reaction score
Sorry to hear the frustrations man. Mine is a Middle Eastern spec but we do get a lot here from the US.
steering really is my concern right now….

OP
OP
M

marksmark

Reaction score
The truck hasn’t been in 4wd yet, and the steering concern happens most between 40 and 60 mph.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP.

Number 1 might be the lane assist. Try turning that off.

Number 2, try lowering your tire pressures to something like 36 front/32 rear. This is for daily driving with no heavy loads and no towing.

Having a 4psi front to rear pressure differential has helped many of us.

For much of the year I run 32F/28R. I up the pressure if I have extra weight and when I tow.

Experiment to see what works for you.

Hope this helps.

Sanibel

Reaction score
Hi all. I’ve finally purchased a 2020 Gen2 and enjoying it so far. A couple of questions though….

1) the steering feels weird at times. Almost like the tyres are stuck in the rut of the road. It almost worried me a couple of times as it felt I had to wrestle a bit with steering. Amy similar experiences?

2) also, and maybe related to the above, but what type pressures are you running for daily driving. I’ve just parked up after driving around 20km and they are sat at 39-41 psi approx.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Cheers.
Agree, the steering issue isn't an issue -- it's probably the "lane assist" mode. Lane assist is engaged or disengaged by the rectangular button just aft the gearshift well.