shocking shock discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DylanICON

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dylan,

What rear springs are on that truck? I would like to talk to you about a few things on these trucks, and since you guys have all the r&d done, its a no-brainer.

thanks.

PS As far as this tread goes, opinions are like ********, everybody has one.
All of these shocks FOX KING ICON are exceptional. For ME it will come down to the best customer service.

Our truck has stock rear springs.

Until right before TRR it also had stock rear bump stops. I did however make a one-off gusset that went under the factory bump stop and on the inside of the frame when I first got the truck to prevent frame damage.

I am in the process of designing a rear spring

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dylan,

As far as this tread goes, opinions are like ********, everybody has one.
All of these shocks FOX KING ICON are exceptional. For ME it will come down to the best customer service.

The expression is "Excuses are like ********, everyone has one and they all stink" To equate opinions is fundamentally demented :biggun:

Why even bother reading anything on any forum if you equate all as crap?

Furthermore I agree customer service is important, but I would rather not ever have to deal with the customer service department, if the stuff works right, you shouldn't have too.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
The expression is "Excuses are like ********, everyone has one and they all stink" To equate opinions is fundamentally demented :biggun:

Why even bother reading anything on any forum if you equate all as crap?

Furthermore I agree customer service is important, but I would rather not ever have to deal with the customer service department, if the stuff works right, you shouldn't have too.

Completely agree. I like knowing there is good service available if I have a question or issue, but at the same time hope to never need it.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
562437_553533484669635_750810174_n.jpg

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
Bring your own...lets have a party!

If I bring my Raptor out to cali again I will be leaving it there for a few months !

:893Chainsaw-Smilie-

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Comfort wise, stock Raptor rocks. The Raptor I had at TRR is my daily driver. I upgraded from the stock shocks because I got a killer deal on the Kings, Outlaw Raptor Bump Stop and Tie Rods. After selling the stock shocks, I paid 2750.00 including installation for all of it. For my usage which is parking blocks, curbs, speed bumps and highway, the Kings were a serious improvement over stock. TRR was the first time that the truck had seen the dirt. The aftermarket shocks made a difference in just the daily driving on the roads. It was more comfortable (Lexus smooth) to drive over every day obstacles like bumps in the road (Miata's/Prius's) and railroad tracks. Was it worth the investment to me? Yes. Now that I actually hit the dirt with that truck, damn, it was a huge improvement over stock. I wasn't passed once and passed everyone in front of me. Having beaten the shit out of my other Raptor and knowing what the breaking points were on the truck, what it could and couldn't do and knowing what my driving ability is, I took my truck to 8/10 of ability. I had a blast, truck is fine minus the skid plate (which I have the stock one from the other Raptor) and a cracked windshield. When I end up with another Raptor in 2014/2015, I already know what upgrades I am doing right off. Suspension and I'll probably try out the Icon's for that.

As for a stock GT500 on the track :poop: It needs all the help it can get as they can't turn a corner without mods.

Rick, did you have any problems with the king shocks bottoming out ?
Or did you rip out any inner fenders with the king shocks ?
Those of us old timers know how aggressive you can drive any vehicle

Thanks

Flying_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im really impressed with the stock shocks.....im on top perch with that 100 dollar SDHQ reinforcement kit. I have also jumped the living hell out of it at high speeds. As long as i hit the jumps right and land fairly flat the truck handles it pretty well. i ran in the A class at the TRR run this year and was hauling ass the whole time.

ive bottomed out quite a few times on the stock shocks and take a hell of a beating inside the truck when running em hard but other than that the truck is still in one piece, no frame damage at all.

Raptor Jump - YouTube

i talked to fox after the TRR about re-valving my stock shocks and they said they would do it for 30 bucks a shock....i think im going that route for now and maybe some bump stops/springs later on.