Saw one on the road today - now I want

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the differences in the two? They look identical to me.

I guess it must be just the tire proportion.

2017FordRaptor_White1.jpg

sam-8523-1.jpg

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just how much glue do you honestly have to sniff through lol? 500 lbs lighter, power:weight is vastly superior, stronger frame etc. But yes I agree, you're going to need mods to keep up with its performance.

Just because the new truck went through the test sections 20% faster and it has new technology and hardware does not mean one will be any faster than the other. It's the driver, event organizer, trail conditions, sketch factor, and most importantly the DRIVER that will determine the machines performance.

Stick to autocross and car shows and you'll be fine.

And show some ******* respect around here god dammit.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Cant we just keep the discussion stock vs stock? Comparing a Gen 1 Raptor with a bunch of mods against a stock Gen 2 is a pretty horrible comparison and actually incredibly pointless.

For **** sake give me a million bucks and Ill make a VW bug spank any lesser modded Gen 1 or Gen 2 offroad. With enough time and money anything can be better than anything else in most cases.

I'm simply stating what's going to happen when you or Randy try to keep up with guys that have modded trucks and have never been off road. It's going to be pure entertainment. It's the real world. Not the Internet. You can't set the parameters that everyone has to meet. You and Randy bring your trucks out and you show me how they run. I'll bring beers for all the gen 1 guys to wait while we are fixing things like broken shock mounts from Fords "new and improved" design. You'll be wondering how I knew that was going to be an issue way before the new trucks were released [emoji6][emoji106]

#whatareicons

---------- Post added at 06:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 AM ----------

Just how much glue do you honestly have to sniff through lol? 500 lbs lighter, power:weight is vastly superior, stronger frame etc. But yes I agree, you're going to need mods to keep up with its performance.

I'll be waiting. You can meet us in Ocotillo and I'll take you through the trail the new truck has gone "20% faster" on and you can show me how it's done.

#whatareicons

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One''s enhanced

You think? Yeah one's 500 lbs lighter, more power and a better power to weight ratio lol.

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

with guys that have modded trucks

So this is the argument you have to revert to? Sad. Think it may be time to face some facts that there will be a new model that'll be new and improved. It's ok, in no way will this be a reflection of you nor some sort of failure of yours in any way. Embrace the newness, you'll be fine.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm simply stating what's going to happen when you or Randy try to keep up with guys that have modded trucks and have never been off road. It's going to be pure entertainment. It's the real world. Not the Internet. You can't set the parameters that everyone has to meet. You and Randy bring your trucks out and you show me how they run. I'll bring beers for all the gen 1 guys to wait while we are fixing things like broken shock mounts from Fords "new and improved" design. You'll be wondering how I knew that was going to be an issue way before the new trucks were released [emoji6][emoji106]

#whatareicons

Sounds like a plan to me. I dunno about Randy but I grew up driving my dads old k5 blazer on our 80 acres of land in the Rocky Mountains. As soon as I could reach the pedals my dad let me go at it alone to keep myself occupied.

I also grew up racing enduro in the Rocky Mountain Enduro Circuit (RMEC). Driving offroad is nothing new to me but Im also not in the business of destroying a $50k+ truck. I have a SxS, two four wheelers and a Jeep if I want to go places Ill probably break things.

With that being said I dont baby anything I own and plan on doing organized runs with Raptor owners.

Racing enduro my dad always told me to ride as hard as I could and if things broke its ok because they can be fixed but to remember if its destroyed you cant finish the race. A DNF hurts you more than a slow race. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

I look forward to shaking down the Raptor and if shit break then shit breaks, simple as that.