Saw one on the road today - now I want

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
You think? Yeah one's 500 lbs lighter, more power and a better power to weight ratio lol.

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

So this is the argument you have to revert to? Sad. Think it may be time to face some facts that there will be a new model that'll be new and improved. It's ok, in no way will this be a reflection of you nor some sort of failure of yours in any way. Embrace the newness, you'll be fine.

Haha ya you got me buddy. I said I'm going to get one but it in no way will handle off-road like my current one does.

#whatareicons

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

Sounds like a plan to me. I dunno about Randy but I grew up driving my dads old k5 blazer on our 80 acres of land in the Rocky Mountains. As soon as I could reach the pedals my dad let me go at it alone to keep myself occupied.

I also grew up racing enduro in the Rocky Mountain Enduro Circuit (RMEC). Driving offroad is nothing new to me but Im also not in the business of destroying a $50k+ truck. I have a SxS, two four wheelers and a Jeep if I want to go places Ill probably break things.

With that being said I dont baby anything I own and plan on doing organized runs with Raptor owners.

Racing enduro my dad always told me to ride as hard as I could and if things broke its ok because they can be fixed but to remember if its destroyed you cant finish the race. A DNF hurts you more than a slow race. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

I look forward to shaking down the Raptor and if shit break then shit breaks, simple as that.

I think you have a much more level head than Randy. I've decided he's some 12 year old in his moms basement trolling everyone.

#whatareicons

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha ya you got me buddy. I said I'm going to get one but it in no way will handle off-road like my current one does.

I think you have a much more level head than Randy. I've decided he's some 12 year old in his moms basement trolling everyone.

So what did you sacrifice when you did whatever mods you did on your truck? There was something you sacrificed, most upgrades have drawbacks of some sort. And how might they be better than the Gen I or the Gen II?

Please, address the facts I've stated. 500 lbs lighter, more hp and torque, better power to weight. Attacking me personally instead of addressing facts is what democrats do lol.:supergay:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
So what did you sacrifice when you did whatever mods you did on your truck? There was something you sacrificed, most upgrades have drawbacks of some sort. And how might they be better than the Gen I or the Gen II?

Please, address the facts I've stated. 500 lbs lighter, more hp and torque, better power to weight. Attacking me personally instead of addressing facts is what democrats do lol.:supergay:

I'm just sitting here sniffing glue...as stated by you, you ******* democrat!!!

I've purposely built my truck to handle better off-road than onroad. I have a Super Duty and a 2015 F150 to drive around on the street. I know how the weight savings and the new design feel. The F150 was the final selling point for the new Raptor.

I bought a 2010 Raptor with a 5.4 because I knew the engine was solid. I'm 2012 I bought a 6.2 because I knew the engine was solid. I was one of the first people waiting on the EB F150 to come out. I was in love with the engine. When it flopped I was glad I didn't get one. Seeing all the issues and the hype die down doesn't get me excited for this "new" engine. Especially with them squeezing 450+hp out of it. I may be wrong and it might be the most reliable thing out there but I'm not going to build a truck to go out in the desert with if I'm not sure the engine will get me home. I will however buy one to haul dogs and groceries and kids around town in. Like I said before, they are different tools for different jobs. You said it in your quoted response, you always have to give up something when gaining something else.

#whatareicons

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Oh shit, politics just got brought into the conversation....look out

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine there are many, if any dems here. Using fossil fuel? For fun? Tearing up the environment endangering some obscure ecosystem for your off roading jollies lol...

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It must've been just that one detroit autoshow shot that looks so tame looking. All of these shots look 10 times better. Unless they're photoshopping the shots.

2017 Ford F-150 Raptor | A Beast Off-Road & On | Ford.com

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Love this shot.

raptor_cm_roadrage_2.jpg

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Love this shot.

raptor_cm_roadrage_2.jpg

After spending countless hours on the 2017 Ford F150 Ford Performance Raptor, I have that it's high-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloy makes the all-new Raptor approximately 500 pounds lighter than before. Combine that with its unique high-strength, boxed steel frame and you get the best-performing, most capable Raptor yet. And given this is a Raptor we’re talking about, that’s saying a lot.

With further research on the 2017 Ford F150 Ford Performance Raptor is even more of a beast off-road. It features better running clearance than the first-generation Raptor. And that’s not all. To manage the power distribution between the front and rear wheels, we’ve added an all-new, four-wheel-drive, torque-on-demand transfer case. It combines the best attributes of clutch-driven, on-demand all-wheel drive with durable, mechanical-locking four-wheel drive. The 2017 also sports 3.0-inch FOX Racing Shox™* with custom internal bypass technology. This technology allows for variable damping rates based on wheel travel, which provides great off-road performance and a smooth ride on-road.

*FOX Racing Shox is a trademark of FOX Factory, Inc.

Of course the 2017 Ford F150 Ford Performance Raptor has an all-new twin-turbo, intercooled DOHC 24-valve high-output 3.5L EcoBoost® with direct fuel injection is projected to deliver even more power than the previous 6.2L V8. And a 10- speed automatic transmission with manual-shifting mode sends that incredible power to all four wheels.

But don't let the lack of a outdated V8 in the all new 2017 Ford F150 Ford Performance Raptor make you think its just another pavement princess with its class-exclusive available beadlock-capable wheels gives you excellent on-and off-road performance. Using the beadlock conversion kit from the Ford Performance catalog, you can deflate them for maximum traction off-road, yet they hold tight to the rims – and stay tight – when you return to the road. The 2017 also features 17-inch BFGoodrich® All-Terrain T/A® KO2 tires* designed specifically for Raptor.

*Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs GVWR based on Ford segmentation. BFGoodrich® and T/A® are registered trademarks of Michelin North America, Inc.

---

Amazing how easy it is to be a Gen2 fanboi.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man I agree there should be a V8, but nothing wrong with being a gen 2 fanboi. It's the ********** that ruin it.

Listen to this

They fire it up at 7:02

Last edited: