Saw one on the road today - now I want

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is really no different then Tacomas, or our 2015 TRD Pro 4Runner. You can go get one with 30K on it and save 3-4K. Why would I not get a brand new unit for that little bit more? If older Raptors continue to command ridiculous resale values, its just another reason to go enjoy that new car smell.

And lets face it, not matter how many Tacomas they make, they still have ridiculous resale value.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is really no different then Tacomas, or our 2015 TRD Pro 4Runner. You can go get one with 30K on it and save 3-4K. Why would I not get a brand new unit for that little bit more? If older Raptors continue to command ridiculous resale values, its just another reason to go enjoy that new car smell.

And lets face it, not matter how many Tacomas they make, they still have ridiculous resale value.

Dont forget warranties and not having to potentially adopt other peoples problems. The Raptor is something that is meant to be abused so I dont really want to deal with fixing other peoples abuse that you cant see right away.

moosejaw

Reaction score
I saw one too this past weekend in Miami
but coming from Mercedes and specifically AMG
We do get our fair share of posers (or as the Quebecois call "poseurs")

4770DF1C-AE29-4700-9ACA-CC6A92C71F1A_zpsyehfddql.jpg

22CAF7B3-297A-404A-BE0A-77EDCC8BEE21_zps0hyxfehx.jpg

6E4CACFC-9545-41F6-A35B-99AF82FDBFEC_zpsclytp9s0.jpg

6A3A9B2F-A653-4A22-A7E3-3A049F8ABA81_zpsjng624u1.jpg

Hard to tell from the pics but he even had the dirt graphics on the side that said "RAPTOR"
Guess come this summer he will have to pull all that off of the truck. He did try to get out of my way bc he could see the four successive camera flashes from the truck. LOL

mike.s

Reaction score
Something odd about that truck. The fenders and bumper don't look like the Raptor version. Looks a lot like a regular F150. But it clearly says Raptor on the tailgate...

moosejaw

Reaction score
To be fair the 2017MY will not SVT logos on it. That and the fenders are a dead giveaway.
So i take it you guys have never seen posers before?
Theres a whole 300 page thread dedicated to cars that are fake AMGs in a competing Mercedes Forum I used to be a part of.

Pretty good entertainment if you ask me.