Reviews Starting to Come In...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree whole heartedly. However, don’t knock a person if they buy either truck & don’t use it for its intended purpose. Perhaps they enjoy some of the finer things in life & don’t care to beat the **** out it & will enjoy it all the same!
If one enjoys the finer things in life than take that money go buy some whine and cheese and enjoy life LOL. jk jk jk It just kills me that a purpose built truck would never see the dirt, but I know it happens and I have to live with that LOL.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doug’s review...

Oh, Doug....

I like his thorough reviews, but this one is a bummer. So much time saying the Gen 3 looks the same as the Gen 2. Should have made it look different. Personally I love the look of the Gen 2 and the Gen 3 looks even better.

He spends so much energy lamenting the fact that the engine is the same as Gen 2. It is time proven, and works. You want more, hold out for the Raptor R.

It is sad when you are so invested in a vehicle and have spent so much time obsessing over it that Doug Demuro doesn't even share a quirk or feature that you weren't aware of.

RaptorND

Reaction score
Oh, Doug....

I like his thorough reviews, but this one is a bummer. So much time saying the Gen 3 looks the same as the Gen 2. Should have made it look different. Personally I love the look of the Gen 2 and the Gen 3 looks even better.

He spends so much energy lamenting the fact that the engine is the same as Gen 2. It is time proven, and works. You want more, hold out for the Raptor R.

It is sad when you are so invested in a vehicle and have spent so much time obsessing over it that Doug Demuro doesn't even share a quirk or feature that you weren't aware of.
But in the end he calms down a bit and says it’s a great engine and eventually having two engine choices is best. The interior I feel goes under the radar because we saw it already in the f150. Doesn’t get enough credit. And I’m sorry , I will drive this truck everyday and I’ll take the engine power/mileage value all day.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If one enjoys the finer things in life than take that money go buy some whine and cheese and enjoy life LOL. jk jk jk It just kills me that a purpose built truck would never see the dirt, but I know it happens and I have to live with that LOL.

I get the emotion, but odd to express your disappointment in how other people use their trucks as 'something you have to live with'.

skiborsy

Reaction score
Did Ram do anything like this First Drive Event when they released the TRX?? I don't recall anything but I may have missed it. This question goes out to anyone that can answer it.
They had an event near Reno. No sand, but a loose rock crawl plus a dirt track with a large tabletop to jump.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the emotion, but odd to express your disappointment in how other people use their trucks as 'something you have to live with'.
Point taken but I still feel that way. LOL it's odd that you quoted my post with what you did. Last time I checked this is a free country and we are able to speak our minds but I digress. I don't hate on people that choose not to go off-road with an off-road purpose built truck but again I digress. To each is own.

Status
Not open for further replies.