Reviews Starting to Come In...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought I was going to hate the enhanced sound. I didn't. It tracks the tach. I use my ears as my tach, so I'm good. But then IDGAF what it sounds like as long as it goes.

Teghogh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the question everyone needs to honestly answer:
Would you really take the gen 3 over base trx than can be had for 68k, with 250 more hp, intoxicating v8 with a blower, 3.5 sec 0-60, 12 sec quarter mile?
These trucks are too close in price to ignore the 700hp elephant in the room. I bought my supercab raptor at msrp of 54k and loved it for what it was at that price point. I don’t care about lane keep Asist, blind spot blah bla blah. I wanted a raptor for what made it one. Now at 70k entry point it’s a completely different argument

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you really take the gen 3 over base trx than can be had for 68k, with 250 more hp, intoxicating v8 with a blower, 3.5 sec 0-60, 12 sec quarter mile?
These trucks are too close in price to ignore the 700hp elephant in the room. I bought my supercab raptor at msrp of 54k and loved it for what it was at that price point. I don’t care about lane keep Asist, blind spot blah bla blah. I wanted a raptor for what made it one. Now at 70k entry point it’s a completely different argument
Yes, at this price I would rather have the Gen 3 Raptor than the TRX. That is why I am buying the Raptor. If you would rather have a TRX, then buy one of those.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer a more nimble truck when it comes to off-roading. The TRX is too big and heavy plus they have yet to truly test it out on the Baja 1000, which the Raptor has already done numerous times successfully. TRX is infantile compared to the 10+ years the Raptor has been on this planet. Don't get me wrong the power is ridiculous but what is power when the suspension can't properly handle a 6,000lb+ behemoth. My opinion of course.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely. 100 times over. No question. F the TRX. Do I need 700hp for a family car/daily driver - no.. Do I need 10mpg - no.. Raptor to me is a way better overall truck

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. 100 times over. No question. F the TRX. Do I need 700hp for a family car/daily driver - no.. Do I need 10mpg - no.. Raptor to me is a way better overall truck
I usually just tell myself it probably won't fit (vertically) in my garage. I'll admit, the pull to the darkside is real

700hp anything gets my attention

Status
Not open for further replies.