Reviews Starting to Come In...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
F

fts

Reaction score
The Raptor must be just amazing, and I wish I had tasted that beforehand, given that it generates so many strong emotions with you all.

So, just to divert the negative emotions to elsewhere, while sticking with positive ones towards the Raptor, I offer this: :p

Last edited:

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saw the 0-60 numbers from the review TFL Truck did in Nevada. Absolutely amazing for a truck on 35s. 7-8 seconds is great for a truck this size.
If it was 2002, yes a decent 0-60 time. That is **** slow these days and slower than a Ram Rebel. You better hope he was using 87 octane and 4A

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
My reasoning in being Out on the TRX:
1. 8 MPg
2. $200+/month insurance
3. It’s a dodge
So your reason is poverty and being a fanboy.

Solid reasons when we are talking about what are basically toys. If The Raptor is the most you can afford, cool. Using insurance cost as a reason why it’s better. Lol.

I’m not sure how Ford could have screwed up the Gen 3 more. I have a reservation for the R but if this shitshow is a window to whats coming, pass

Ford: Lets make the Gen 3 barely better in random approach angle/etc stats but put an uglier front end on it and make it slower. The Fan Boys will still defend it because they are blinded by when the Raptor was the only truck in it’s class. Wait. Let’s make the exhaust a trombone, pipe fake noise into the cab and package 37’s with a fugly interior (well, fuglier). What could take our customers with this amazing assortment of features!

Ram:
View attachment IMG_0519.MP4

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
What world you living in? Lol this better on pavement with 93 octane in normal temps and sea level be sub 5.5 sec.
I’m running 4.1-4.3 at 2600’ and 100-110 degrees with humidity (unlike Pahrump, NV) consistently in a TRX to put that embarrassing 0-60 time for the gen 3 in perspective.

Seriously. What was Ford thinking?

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So your reason is poverty and being a fanboy.

Solid reasons when we are talking about what are basically toys. If The Raptor is the most you can afford, cool. Using insurance cost as a reason why it’s better. Lol.

I’m not sure how Ford could have screwed up the Gen 3 more. I have a reservation for the R but if this shitshow is a window to whats coming, pass

Ford: Lets make the Gen 3 barely better in random approach angle/etc stats but put an uglier front end on it and make it slower. The Fan Boys will still defend it because they are blinded by when the Raptor was the only truck in it’s class. Wait. Let’s make the exhaust a trombone, pipe fake noise into the cab and package 37’s with a fugly interior (well, fuglier). What could take our customers with this amazing assortment of features!

Ram:
View attachment 317919
Dude enjoy your TRX. It’s a great vehicle until it starts falling apart on ya. Go read all the **** that is passing QA on those trucks right now. It’s nuts. Whatever truck I go with will be my toy and daily (even thought I don’t commute to work in it). I factor everything in. Gas, insurance costs, etc. the Raptor seems to hit the sweet spot on a lot of those issues. I’ve never owned a raptor, so the Gen 3 seems pretty bad ***. I’m sure Gen 2 owners don’t feel the same and that’s ok.

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Dude enjoy your TRX. It’s a great vehicle until it starts falling apart on ya. Go read all the **** that is passing QA on those trucks right now. It’s nuts. Whatever truck I go with will be my toy and daily (even thought I don’t commute to work in it). I factor everything in. Gas, insurance costs, etc. the Raptor seems to hit the sweet spot on a lot of those issues. I’ve never owned a raptor, so the Gen 3 seems pretty bad ***. I’m sure Gen 2 owners don’t feel the same and that’s ok.
Thanks. I’m enjoying it. Hasn’t fallen apart yet or if it did I couldn’t hear it over the amazing (real) sounds it makes.

i was really rooting for Ford. This is the first Ram I have ever owned. They clearly were asleep at the wheel on the gen 3 though. If it were me I would be a gently loved Gen 2 mallcrawler instead of the Gen 3.

Yes the gas mileage on the TRX is atrocious. In essentially all other respects it is a superior truck.

The Raptor is kinda like your (at the time) hot prom date that you see 10 years later with 8 kids and 7 chins. Yeah she was the hottest girl in school once but now is just old and tired.

Your new GF is hotter, nicer to be inside and is an animal in all ways. Yeah she may be a heavy drinker but it’s worth the perks.

edit: Honestly I like the Raptor. It’s a cool truck. All the Raptor drivers I’ve seen in the TRX have been all smiles. I have friends and family that own them.

But to ignore the TRX as an absolute game changer for the market and acting like mpg or insurance make the Raptor better is just being willfully ignorant. If the R is a better product than the TRX I will switch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.