Reviews Starting to Come In...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree completely. I think a lot of people don't realize that this is a pretty common thing in high performance vehicles, Japanese, Euro, and domestic. It's also been around for quite a few years, it's not like Ford just dreamed this up.
I've never owned a vehicle that did this so I have no frame of reference. I would like to know the reason behind it because if your hi-po vehicle has a sweet sound wouldn't you want to hear that and not some fake sound? I'm making a mountain out of mole hill here but it just doesn't make any sense to me. Honestly, it's kind of cheesy, and that's just my opinion.

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Subaru STI had a 2 foot plastic tube coming off the intake pipe, after filter, that goes through the firewall to pump turbo whistles into the cabin under the glove box. It was quite annoying without the radio up. I removed the tube and an empty bottle of CLP fit in the hole perfectly with a little RTV.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sound enhancement doesn’t necessarily mean fake sound. They simply do this to make it possible to hear the engine in vehicles that have more and more soundproofing. Are they sometimes more selective about which part(s) of the sound they enhanced? Yes, but it’s not always bad. There’s always a way to turn it off or remove a small part if one doesn’t like it. Not a huge deal.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and regarding your screen name, I think that would be more appropriate for say a Cabela's, Bass Pro or some hunting/guns (I'm all for hunting and owning guns btw) forum rather than a Ford Raptor Forum but I digress. Also seems pretty weak that you chose the most docile animal in the forest to kill LOL. I can go on for days if you want but I would rather spend my time on useful more productive things than this.
Deer are tasty

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've never owned a vehicle that did this so I have no frame of reference. I would like to know the reason behind it because if your hi-po vehicle has a sweet sound wouldn't you want to hear that and not some fake sound? I'm making a mountain out of mole hill here but it just doesn't make any sense to me. Honestly, it's kind of cheesy, and that's just my opinion.
Me neither. I fully expected to hate it. But it never bothered me and I don't notice it. Quit worrying. If you hate it, you can turn it off.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What Axel R said, the companies are just trying to maximize the engine sound in a car/truck that has pretty good sound proofing, make it more fun and satisfying for the enthusiast driver.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh, and regarding your screen name, I think that would be more appropriate for say a Cabela's, Bass Pro or some hunting/guns (I'm all for hunting and owning guns btw) forum rather than a Ford Raptor Forum but I digress. Also seems pretty weak that you chose the most docile animal in the forest to kill LOL. I can go on for days if you want but I would rather spend my time on useful more productive things than this.
Most people use the same screen name in more than one place. And criticizing someone's screen name? Really? If it's offensive, maybe, but otherwise all you're doing is making yourself look petty. And that's not a good look. Just sayin'

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most people use the same screen name in more than one place. And criticizing someone's screen name? Really? If it's offensive, maybe, but otherwise all you're doing is making yourself look petty. And that's not a good look. Just sayin'
My screen name on the 5th Gen Ram forum is Badasstripleturbogiantdik. I had shopped those before I got my Raptor. I wanted a low profile name.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My screen name on the 5th Gen Ram forum is Badasstripleturbogiantdik. I had shopped those before I got my Raptor. I wanted a low profile name.
And here I thought you were RAMismybitch. I wonder who has that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KY7FWB