Reviews Starting to Come In...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And here I thought you were RAMismybitch. I wonder who has that one?
I'll take that 1... along with the non enhanced, piped in, trombone, circular try to make it sound beeter, beeffy hellcat supercharge whine in the cabin..:pepper::devilfinger:

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most people use the same screen name in more than one place. And criticizing someone's screen name? Really? If it's offensive, maybe, but otherwise all you're doing is making yourself look petty. And that's not a good look. Just sayin'
I don't think it's offensive, I just thinks it's kind of ironic LOL. If that's what he's going for than he has achieved his goal and it's funny.

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been the best thread in a long time, you guys are cracking me up!

I ordered a TRX because I feel Ford F.u-c%k+e'd us by not giving the Gen 3 more horsepower and forcing the blue interior if you wanted 37's.

I spec'd out a 2021 Raptor (on 35's) build similar to the TRX and the Raptor MSRP was $72k vs $84k with the TRX. BUT, I can buy the TRX @ invoice which is $78k vs the Raptor @ MSRP of $72k. Let's face it, no one is buying a 2021 Raptor at invoice so for an additional $6k I will have a truck with a supercharged V8, better AWD system and better interior. I don't get a chance to go offroad too often, but I'm sure the TRX will be just fine for my needs. The Raptor is the only vehicle I've owned with a turbo V6 and I just don't like it, even after a tune.

So time to move on as I've always been tempted to buy a Hellcat powered vehicle.

OP
OP
F

fts

Reaction score
This has been the best thread in a long time, you guys are cracking me up!

I ordered a TRX because I feel Ford F.u-c%k+e'd us by not giving the Gen 3 more horsepower and forcing the blue interior if you wanted 37's.

I spec'd out a 2021 Raptor (on 35's) build similar to the TRX and the Raptor MSRP was $72k vs $84k with the TRX. BUT, I can buy the TRX @ invoice which is $78k vs the Raptor @ MSRP of $72k. Let's face it, no one is buying a 2021 Raptor at invoice so for an additional $6k I will have a truck with a supercharged V8, better AWD system and better interior. I don't get a chance to go offroad too often, but I'm sure the TRX will be just fine for my needs. The Raptor is the only vehicle I've owned with a turbo V6 and I just don't like it, even after a tune.

So time to move on as I've always been tempted to buy a Hellcat powered vehicle.
Congratulations! This thread made me look into the TRX one more time, and I am a bit surprised frankly. Not having had a Raptor previously surely is impacting my views, and I was not interested in the TRX previously.

That being said, the TRX not only costs more to purchase initially, but costs significantly more to operate as well. On top of it, TRX comes with an open differential in the front, weighs 700-800 lbs more, its CG is significantly higher than that of the Raptor, which are all big no-nos for offroading IMHO, and even on the road too. Not to mention the initial reported problems apparently have been pretty bad at this point. How badly do you have to build/manufacture an open diff for it to blow up on so many vehicles?!?! How badly can you manufacture an off road truck for the diffs and drivetrain to leak oil before 5K mi.? How badly can you design a truck that just cannot even turn on the highway ramps without giving the driver the fear of rolling over?

So, you think Ford did you wrong by not giving more engine power or putting in a blue interior in the Raptor, but RAM is doing the right things? That is some logic!

Again, sincerely, congratulations on your purchase, to each is his own, but it is not making sense to me to claim that the TRX is a better off-road truck, because its specs are really not reading like a truck at all, more like a muscle car in truck dressing. I'll take Creamy Ceaser, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KY7FWB