Reviews Starting to Come In...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And a tune on the raptor is negated by an incognito (no tune) lower pulley on the trx. The Hellcat platform has way way more headroom if you want to discuss modifications

I think it’s probably too early to say which is better offroad and really depends on the type of offroading you are talking about. For desert endurance running probably. What percent of raptor owners actually do that? My guess is 3-5%.

She definitely is a big thirsty ***** though. I’ll give you that
Lol….and a Cummins Ram 2500 w/ carli suspension & a tune would do everything a TRX does & then some. The weight is just stupid. Why did they even bother “designing” a TRX & didn’t just tweak the Powerwagon is beyond me, not sure exactly what the accomplished….but it’s something I guess.

at the end of the day I actually retract my statement, I’d rather have a Raptor & a Traxkhawk, which is basically a TRX in the form
It’s truly meant to be in. Ain’t nobody off-roading TRX’s….aside from reviewers like Ben Hardy who keeps regretting doing so haha

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Why did they even bother “designing” a TRX & didn’t just tweak the Powerwagon is beyond me
Not gonna lie. I think that would be pretty cool
not sure exactly what the accomplished….but it’s something I guess.
Smiles and laughter are what is accomplished.
I’d rather have a Raptor & a Traxkhawk, which is basically a TRX in the form
It’s truly meant to be in.
Can’t drive two vehicles at once.
Ain’t nobody off-roading TRX’s….aside from reviewers like Ben Hardy who keeps regretting doing so haha
Lol. Ben Hardy can’t drive and/or has no idea how to manage rpm’s. That trans line he blew is a known issue and should’ve been checked though. He’s still an idiot that broke a truck for clicks then got so thoroughly made fun of in youtube comments that he gave a whole preamble about “reasons” why he can’t drive.
Cummins Ram 2500 w/ carli suspension & a tune would do everything a TRX does & then some.
Why are you all so fond of comparing modified vehicles to stock ones? Is it because you can’t make arguments from a level playing field?

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
SVT entered the Raptor R in the Baja 1000 back in 2008, BEFORE they started selling to public in late 2009. Although it was modified it still had the factory transmission, axles, brakes and frame. The engine was a measly 500hp tuned 6.2L V8. Nothing disingenuous here LOL.
Difference is the first Raptor was a groundbreaking achievement (and had a v8). Since then it’s been like each successive Generation is a product of ******…. They just keep devolving.

I do hope Ford brings it with the Raptor R.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Ram got their attention. Ford will bring it.....
The only problem is that if the reports hold true, it will be damn near impossible to get an R while TRX's will easily be had. I will most likely have neither, as another Superduty will probably be my next truck. It is interesting to see the automakers push each other though.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not gonna lie. I think that would be pretty cool

Smiles and laughter are what is accomplished.

Can’t drive two vehicles at once.

Lol. Ben Hardy can’t drive and/or has no idea how to manage rpm’s. That trans line he blew is a known issue and should’ve been checked though. He’s still an idiot that broke a truck for clicks then got so thoroughly made fun of in youtube comments that he gave a whole preamble about “reasons” why he can’t drive.

Why are you all so fond of comparing modified vehicles to stock ones? Is it because you can’t make arguments from a level playing field?
Most of those points you contend have to do w/ the absurd weight & terrible MPG/impracticality of the truck & extra weight over the nose. So my point is- if it nearly weighs as much as 2500, may as well have a 2500 & if you want more power from the Cummins it’s there

my point w/ the power wagon they could have put the same shocks & hellcat engine into it & probably weigh about the same lol

and liking modified vehicles? It’s just so nice to bump your truck 50-75whp from a $500 tune w/ relatively little if anything to be concerned w/ if it’s a reputable tune. If I owned a TRX I probably wouldn’t keep it completely stock either.

And everyone has their own preferences, & pretty much every owner on here (particularly those that bought new- me included) could easily have afforded a TRX- hell, seems like now the Gen3 is valued more than a new TRX

probably a reason for that

just like there’s a reason a Dodge Challenger hellcat depreciates a helluvalot more quickly & drastically than a GT500, ZL1 Camaro or ZR1 vette

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Most of those points you contend have to do w/ the absurd weight & terrible MPG/impracticality of the truck & extra weight over the nose. So my point is- if it nearly weighs as much as 2500, may as well have a 2500 & if you want more power from the Cummins it’s there

my point w/ the power wagon they could have put the same shocks & hellcat engine into it & probably weigh about the same lol

and liking modified vehicles? It’s just so nice to bump your truck 50-75whp from a $500 tune w/ relatively little if anything to be concerned w/ if it’s a reputable tune. If I owned a TRX I probably wouldn’t keep it completely stock either.

And everyone has their own preferences, & pretty much every owner on here (particularly those that bought new- me included) could easily have afforded a TRX- hell, seems like now the Gen3 is valued more than a new TRX

probably a reason for that

just like there’s a reason a Dodge Challenger hellcat depreciates a helluvalot more quickly & drastically than a GT500, ZL1 Camaro or ZR1 vette
Agree she is too heavy and a drunk but the raptor seems to be only 2-4mpg better on average. That’s not super meaningful. And similar to a Cummins, the power is there on the hellcat powerplant as proven by the last 5-8 years to be able to take significant mods.

No way a power wagon all decked out for offroad weighs under 7500. Probably 8000-+.

Please explain to me how it is “impractical”? It’s got a great interior that swaddles me in leather, alcantara and carbon fiber with 702hp (stock) ready under the loud pedal.

Any tune voids your warranty period. I can, and did get, a no tune pulley for $850 and 2 hour install/uninstall. No tune needed. 70whp with 1.5-2psi additional boost. You get double the power with a tune on top.

Point is moot, especially when the Raptor needs to gain so much ground. Did you not watch the Roush Nightmare Raptor with 650hp get taken to Gapplebees by a trx?

I have no doubt many here could afford a TRX. If the Raptor is a better truck for you, great. But the increases in Raptor costs make these directly competitive. 64 vs 73 base and 86 vs 93 for loaded versions. The interior between the two is like comparing a cell at Gitmo to the four seasons. The power plant doesn’t even bear discussing. The Gen 3 is worth more? Please explain. Yes you can point to ADM but so can I.

Ofc the gt500, zr1 vette and every single limited edition go fast vehicle does better financially than a normal hellcat they were pushing out as fast as possible. Was this a serious point? Do I need to explain how supply and demand works?

The TRX isn’t limited yet beyond the Launch and now the Ignition Orange. They are building all they can. I’m guessing the Raptor R (if they actually release a non-neutered version) will be limited and basically impossible to get which sucks.

You like the Raptor better, again, buy whatever makes you happy. Being dismissive of the TRX as a special and good thing for the automotive world is putting your head in the sand and plugging your ears because it may upset your world view.

Status
Not open for further replies.