Reviews Starting to Come In...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Amen on the TRX!
I decide on a Raptor mainly because I couldn’t get a TRX at MSRP. If you haven’t owned a hellcat you don’t know what your missing! Secondly, as a DD I didn’t want the temptation of listening to that sweet SC!
I hope when my raptor arrives next week it doesn’t sound like an out board motor.
I hope Ford does come out with an R that way maybe we’ll have a redeye!!!
I couldn’t get a TRX for sticker either, I had to settle for a little over $5,000 off sticker and getting $4,000 more in trade for my Raptor than I paid for it after one year of ownership and 13,000ish miles...

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on. I’m giving you all specific trx vs raptor memes and all you got is dodge? It’s not even a Dodge anymore. I feel like I’m beating up on a kindergarten class
Sorry, was in the garage. Did a lot of the TRX forum members lose mobile homes from Ida? Is there a GoFundme link we can donate to?

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
So I’ve sat through a few reviews on the new Raptor (even one by Doug, man he’s a lot to take), and the big thing I take away is that the new Raptor is still a great truck, but most are more excited about the Raptor R. Like it or not, we have the TRX to thank for that. If the Raptor is still as good as it was, imagine how much better a few extra ponies under the hood will make it. The Raptor vs TRX is an awesome battle. All it has done is push the competition to do better, and that means the consumer wins!

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Sorry, was in the garage. Did a lot of the TRX forum members lose mobile homes from Ida? Is there a GoFundme link we can donate to?
I’m not following the joke here. I’ll give you my bitcoin address if you want to send me money.

On second thought, keep the money, you will need it to get the better big boy truck that runs low 12’s in 1/4 mile stock =)

Last edited:

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll take the bastard child with a 702hp blown V8 over the legitimate child with an ecoboost

How many members here have run the baja 1000 in their trucks? How long after the raptors release did they do it? It’s a great accomplishment for sure but using that lever on a truck that has only been in customer hands for 8 months seems disingenuous. I tend to agree the Raptor is probably a better desert endurance racing truck. The TRx is too heavy by a thousand pounds.
SVT entered the Raptor R in the Baja 1000 back in 2008, BEFORE they started selling to public in late 2009. Although it was modified it still had the factory transmission, axles, brakes and frame. The engine was a measly 500hp tuned 6.2L V8. Nothing disingenuous here LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.