Reviews Starting to Come In...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
@mchurch0211 That was actually a TRX forum members truck. They expedited a new one. But if you are going to make the worlds first supertruck you gotta break a few eggs

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Honestly- I’ve test driven a TRX couple months ago, had a 2018 Raptor for 40k miles from new & am 13k miles into my current 2020 truck & just completed the Raptor Assault course last week. I can honestly say I truly do not think the TRX is anywhere nearly as capable off-road as the Raptor. Period end of story.

More fun on road? I think you could make a case for it, but for me that additional fun is negated by a tune on a Raptor & the fact that the TRX is so ******** thirsty & heavy

would like to own both I suppose lol

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Honestly- I’ve test driven a TRX couple months ago, had a 2018 Raptor for 40k miles from new & am 13k miles into my current 2020 truck & just completed the Raptor Assault course last week. I can honestly say I truly do not think the TRX is anywhere nearly as capable off-road as the Raptor. Period end of story.

More fun on road? I think you could make a case for it, but for me that additional fun is negated by a tune on a Raptor & the fact that the TRX is so ******** thirsty & heavy

would like to own both I suppose lol
And a tune on the raptor is negated by an incognito (no tune) lower pulley on the trx. The Hellcat platform has way way more headroom if you want to discuss modifications

I think it’s probably too early to say which is better offroad and really depends on the type of offroading you are talking about. For desert endurance running probably. What percent of raptor owners actually do that? My guess is 3-5%.

She definitely is a big thirsty ***** though. I’ll give you that

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those here purchasing their first Raptor, it will be the best truck you've ever owned...No Doubt. I don't care which generation you're looking at. However, writing off the TRX as Ram trash is asinine. Does it handle differently than a Raptor...Yes. If I wanted my TRX to drive like my Raptor, I would have purchased another Raptor. Ram is killing Ford currently on interior materials. A base model TRX has a better interior than the most highly optioned Raptor. And engine's...not worth discussing. I am amused by the "it's nothing a tune can't fix" comment. Whatcha think happens with mods to a TRX. Easily into the 900HP range on the low end. And MPG...after 8,000 miles my daily average city is 11MPG. It was 13 in my Raptor. A tradeoff I gladly accept for the power on demand. I will look at the Raptor R when/if it's released. But, at this point, there's a lot to overcome. This is my off road truck progression...They've all been great.
IMG_0710.jpegIMG_2592.jpeg63872653266__9259C345-13F3-465C-9510-A836E6329B8F.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.