Raptors are shipping!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lambchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Ford is seemingly failing to understand is that many of these trucks were ordered early not because of simply wanting to have the one of the first ones for coolness-newness-gotta get mine before anyone else sakes, but because of wanting the tax write off for 2016. I would think is how many justified msrp and a little over. My guess, if these folks don't get trucks prior to dec 31, you'll see folks saying "no thanks".

All that being said, I'm sure Ford is not happy about what ever problems they're incurring which are preventing shipping. It's not like Ford doesn't want to collect money...unless...they want it in a different quarter.

96LT4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I need mine by Dec 31 for the tax write off or I'll be cancelling my order. I don't want to pay sticker for a truck then have to wait for a year for the write off. We're trading trucks every year now due to the mileage we're putting on them.

My 2016 Platinum F150 is closing in on 30K miles.

OP
OP

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What Ford is seemingly failing to understand is that many of these trucks were ordered early not because of simply wanting to have the one of the first ones for coolness-newness-gotta get mine before anyone else sakes, but because of wanting the tax write off for 2016. I would think is how many justified msrp and a little over. My guess, if these folks don't get trucks prior to dec 31, you'll see folks saying "no thanks".

All that being said, I'm sure Ford is not happy about what ever problems they're incurring which are preventing shipping. It's not like Ford doesn't want to collect money...unless...they want it in a different quarter.

I know I need mine by Dec 31 for the tax write off or I'll be cancelling my order. I don't want to pay sticker for a truck then have to wait for a year for the write off. We're trading trucks every year now due to the mileage we're putting on them.

I've had people tell me that with a vin and a bill of sale they can still write the vehicle off without having taken possession of it.

porsche332

Reaction score

Great send me your paperwork an Ill buy it??????

OP
OP

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
03'Darin, do you know what dealer the NY truck was headed to? A co-worker of mine is claiming he saw one on a truck carrier the other day pass by.

It appears the Raptors that were showing "transit" are now showing "plant" again. I went back and looked at those trucks and all of them showed spray liners. So I'm assuming they were just in transit to the spray liner location and not to the dealer.

96LT4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had people tell me that with a vin and a bill of sale they can still write the vehicle off without having taken possession of it.

I don't have a VIN yet....

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Great send me your paperwork an Ill buy it??????

Which truck?

I have a 15 Platinum, 16 Platinum that are being traded in for the 17 Raptor and a 17 Lariat.

Jackie

Reaction score
It appears the Raptors that were showing "transit" are now showing "plant" again. I went back and looked at those trucks and all of them showed spray liners. So I'm assuming they were just in transit to the spray liner location and not to the dealer.

Wait...are you now saying that the Raptors are NOT shipping?

OP
OP

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wait...are you now saying that the Raptors are NOT shipping?

It looks that way. I did my daily search on our dealer locator on Friday and some of the trucks that showed "transit" were showing "plant" and some were off of the locator completely. I put a message in for our Ford rep to see what she could find out for me but I have not heard back yet.