Raptor Dealers Selling Near Invoice (Gen 2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough. I admit I was confused, and sad when I realized those weren't all 2017 orders. :)

The Gen1 list specifically says Gen1. These are dealers and members that purchased their Gen1 at or near invoice. It's obviously staying up there so people looking for a deal on a gen2 can at least see where the deals were the last go around. The gen2 list is empty because no one actually has a near invoice deal yet. At least not officially. Personally, I wouldn't even buy a gen2 for at least a year if you can't get one near invoice. I know I never would have bought a Raptor at full MSRP but then I'm not rich.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Gen1 list specifically says Gen1. These are dealers and members that purchased their Gen1 at or near invoice. It's obviously staying up there so people looking for a deal on a gen2 can at least see where the deals were the last go around. The gen2 list is empty because no one actually has a near invoice deal yet. At least not officially. Personally, I wouldn't even buy a gen2 for at least a year if you can't get one near invoice. I know I never would have bought a Raptor at full MSRP but then I'm not rich.

I wouldn't ever buy a first year model anyways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That list will be a great tool in 6-12 months time (maybe earlier?), I bet. For now, you pay the premium to get one sooner. It's pretty much that simple unless you are the select few who have the "in" with specific dealers.

Red-23

Reaction score
I am putting in legwork to find a dealer willing to get me in a Gen2 by middle of 2017 for MSRP or better (lower). I don't think MSRP is a terrible thing for a capitalist society. The gouging ABOVE MSRP is IMHO tacky at best but if the market will bear it, so be it. I refuse to spend over MSRP on principle and if my principle keeps me out of a Gen2 by middle of next year, I will (begrudgingly) get a different truck.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am putting in legwork to find a dealer willing to get me in a Gen2 by middle of 2017 for MSRP or better (lower). I don't think MSRP is a terrible thing for a capitalist society. The gouging ABOVE MSRP is IMHO tacky at best but if the market will bear it, so be it. I refuse to spend over MSRP on principle and if my principle keeps me out of a Gen2 by middle of next year, I will (begrudgingly) get a different truck.

It's not terrible in that sense, but it is if you could have had it for invoice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Red-23

Reaction score
Well, that would be the "bee's knees" to have it at invoice but I am not gonna hold my breath on finding that in my purchase window timeframe. :)

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The list was a great tool to find a dealer. Nobody can officially post on Gen2s until the deals are actually done. Having a DORA isnt the end of the road.

Agreed 100%. None of these lists mean shit until people get a 2017 Raptor delivered and paperwork signed. Then you can call that a completed transaction and state the actual details. There's already been some stealerships reneging and frankly any persons word from a stealership isn't worth a damn.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Best thing to do is take a deep breath and forget about it for the next 6 - 12 months. If these trucks are truly not limited production. Going to be a lot of guys out there paying way over msrp flushing their money down the drain. Taking a big hit on depreciation. That $5000 - $10000 +, is gone the moment you sign the paperwork. Even your auto insurance won't cover that waste.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everybody knows the Gen 1's weren't limited production right? 22,000 built in 2014 is not limited production, they built as many as they thought they could sell, same applies here.

Same as the "limited production" GT350, in our small dealer there are 4 of them in the showroom, all still at msrp

Last edited:

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soon...

Ford, whose sales tumbled 8.4 percent, said its U.S. inventory was at 81 days of supply versus 61 days a year earlier, suggesting Ford may have to cut production, increase profit-eroding incentives, or boost fleet sales.

“Now the automakers’ focus will shift from simple growth to market share and managing inventories,” said analyst Karl Brauer of Kelley Blue Book. “The use of incentives and fleet sales as a counter to plateauing retail sales will be the statistics to watch going forward.”

Ford’s LaNeve said the company will manage supply with demand, but when asked if production will be slowed or plants shut down to accomplish that goal, he declined to say.