Raptor Dealers Selling Near Invoice (Gen 2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may be, I haven't purchase a new vehicle since 13 so my terminology is probably rusty. I would not pay more than invoice for this truck, even if that meant waiting. Luckily I don't have to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From the looks of it, it'll be a while before they sell for invoice. I didn't have to buy one now, either. But I wanted to. You see, I'm what some folks call "dumb". Lol!

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not interested in the gen 2 so that bug won't likely bite me till something else comes along and catches my eye.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not interested in the gen 2 so that bug won't likely bite me till something else comes along and catches my eye.

If you're a "V8 only" kinda guy, you may be in for an even longer wait. That is, unless you can stomach a Chebbie.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're a "V8 only" kinda guy, you may be in for an even longer wait. That is, unless you can stomach a Chebbie.

I do only want a v8, but I'm not a raptor only guy, so I can just as easily move to an f150 and mod the hell out of it, replacing parts that I replaced on my raptor in the first place. I don't have to wait at all for that, I could buy it right now. And I don't think the wait will be as long as many think, I'm waiting to see how else they'll use the motor in the new gt500. As far as Chevys go, there are some badass chevy prerunners, look at some of the trucks built by kibbetech and mazulla.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2018-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-spy-photos-news

everjack

Reaction score
Hello. First time poster here.

I've never ordered a custom vehicle, but I would like to order/build a Raptor. I've checked all of my dealers here locally in AZ. , and they all scoff at MSRP and want 10-20k over MSRP. I'm not in a hurry, and can wait to buy one. My question is, how long after the initial release until the dealers will let you order one at a MSRP or invoice price?

Thanks for any help!

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello. First time poster here.

I've never ordered a custom vehicle, but I would like to order/build a Raptor. I've checked all of my dealers here locally in AZ. , and they all scoff at MSRP and want 10-20k over MSRP. I'm not in a hurry, and can wait to buy one. My question is, how long after the initial release until the dealers will let you order one at a MSRP or invoice price?

Thanks for any help!

It's not necessarily how long, it's who you go to really and how long it takes the community to figure it all out. A lot of people had good buying experiences with van bortels in jersey at invoice, or like me used their prices as leverage.

everjack

Reaction score
It's not necessarily how long, it's who you go to really and how long it takes the community to figure it all out. A lot of people had good buying experiences with van bortels in jersey at invoice, or like me used their prices as leverage.

Gotcha.

I'll be moving out to Tennessee in a couple of months, and am hoping I have a little better luck out east with a smaller dealer in time. There are only a handful of dealers in the Phoenix area, and all of them are eager to **** you on the price, but I just don't need one that soon or bad.

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok Wow...just got off the phone with my guy at Louisberg, KS.

Since they don't have their allocation yet, other dealers have gotten it, but he is still not aware of his, he has no answer for me on what the pricing will now be.

Says if they get close to the number they are thinking the pricing can go up to $10k above sticker. I was like... WTH?!?! From $50 above invoice to $10k above sticker?!

He wasn't happy to tell me this, but is what it is. So I cancelled my order. I can't live with that large of an unknown.

So disappointed but the search goes on!

(I am also going to post this under the dealer thread)

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would have never bought mine if I couldn't have got it at invoice. Period! 46K loaded I could deal with. 70k for a loaded 17. No thank you!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well considering how much different the market is for the raptor this time around, Invoice isn't going to Happen.