Raptor Dealers Selling Near Invoice (Gen 2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And Ford is free to end their relationship with those dealers if Ford thinks that they're hurting its reputation. That's also capitalism. Want to sell Fords? Play by Ford's rules.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford has eliminated dealers from the sales process on the new Ford GT. Part of it was to keep dealers from charging a ridiculous markup.

everjack

Reaction score
I found one for MSRP which I am happy to pay. It was a dealer stock model that they are letting me change the color and options on. I'm changing the color from black to Avalanche Gray and deleting the technology package, hood graphics, body graphics and tailgate appliqué.

Can anyone tell me how a dealer stock vehicle with a priority code of 20 would put me in relation to a retail order with a stock code of 10. Mine is a stock vehicle with a priority code 20. They said it will probably be Jan-Feb until delivery, but I'm in no hurry and am ok with that. I thought I might try to get them to bump up the priority code if it could/should be done.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is listed on the far right upper portion of a DORA. It’s also on the dealers print outs of order status. This only applies until a unit is scheduled. Once assigned a VIN this doesn't mean anything anymore.

The codes start at 1 and run to 99. A dealer can only assign between 10 and 99. A 99 order can't be scheduled. I use these for people that tell me to get them a unit on date (later than normal orders take). I put in a 99'd order so I have what they wanted in the system and don't forget about it and then change it to a buildable priority when time comes they're ready for the truck. The region (or other Ford divisions) can prioritize below 10; I've only seen a 01 priority below 10. They do this in the event of something unusual; most orders never see a priority 01. An example is if they're manually scheduling (like the First F-150 for each dealer, or first year T Birds) or if it’s something that needs to be urgent (first order destroyed in shipping, etc). Again I normally only see this a few times a year. Also if you do get a priority 01, things usually get scheduled fast even if you have some hard to get commodities (but not hold items). More on commodities later. I believe that the under 10 priorities go first through the allocation system.

Other priorities are to organize what order the dealer wants the trucks in. These only affect that dealer and have no bearing on other dealers. If a dealer only uses 50 or higher, another dealer that starts at 10 won't get his trucks any sooner. This system is to organize the order so they are "in a row" for scheduling. That way in the first pass of scheduling they only look at 1 truck per dealer, then on second pass look at 2nd one. Regardless of what the number actually is. If 50's the lowest at dealer a and 10's my lowest, they are both in the first pass, and are equal to each other.

More than one order can have the same priority. If this happens the system looks at order types and then order date. Retails take priority over stock and oldest takes priority. For example:

order 1234 Retail order date 9/3/03
order 4321 Retail order date 5/5/03
order 5555 Stock order date 4/4/03
The Retail orders take priority. and then oldest order comes first. So the system would look at these in this order:
Order 4321 because it’s the oldest retail at this priority
order 1234 2nd as it’s a retail
order 5555 being a stock order its 2nd despite order date.

Also Priority can override stock, retail or order date. If a retail is priority 20 and a stock is 19, the stock tries to schedule first; the retail and date thing only applies to orders with the same priority number.

So the big thing I want everyone to know is don't get too worried if your not a priority 01 as this is very rare, also don't worry if your not at priority 10, I start my retail orders at 20 so I've got some room if something comes up that I need to prioritize under my current orders I can.

On Fleet orders, none of this priority stuff applies. The priority codes are to control build date and are a letter and a number that correspond to a build month and week. This isn't to get stuff quicker but actually slower. Often fleets will order in January and not want the units for a few months. I can order so it can't be built until later so it will arrive in time but not overly early. Fleet units don't compete with retail or stock at all for scheduling as fleet comes out of their own pool and not from a dealer’s allocation.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy who does all the ordering for the dealership where I ordered my Raptor has been doing his job for 17 years. Here's what he said with regard to priority codes.

Apparently, putting a priority code 10 on an order for an all new build can put you further down the list. According to him, when it comes to new builds, dealer stock units ("allocations") are built first. Then, after a predetermined number of "perfect" production days, the customer orders are built in order of order date/priority code.

So, if you happened to get in on an allocation order for the dealership, those are built first regardless. He says the only time where utilizing a higher priority code affords the biggest advantage is when Ford is in the middle of building current body style vehicles. When new builds come about, the priority code only matters after the predetermined "perfect" production days and allocation orders have been fulfilled.

Make sense? The guy seems to be a straight shooter, and he told me he learned that lesson the hard way years ago when customer orders with priority 10 were arriving weeks after allocation, stock orders on new body styles.

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

Meant to add... Say the perfect production days goal is set to 10. If they make it to 9, the ticker starts all over again with a new batch of allocation orders... Not customer orders, regardless of priority code. That's where the possibility of being pushed back comes in.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ I'm confused on the post above. If you're looking for a dealer ordered truck that they get via allocation then you get it early but that's not a retail order (the way you specifically want it ordered, unless it matches what you want), right?

If you're a retail order you still want the lowest priority you can get?

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well im retail, priority code 19 (thats what the paperwork says) and I was told part of an allocation. Who knows :insane:
Ill let you know when it shows up on the tracking site.....

Last edited:

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As is too often the case with all references to ordering these truck, @Robtor310 said it best when he said, "Who knows"? Who knows indeed?